2500mAh battery for Lumia 820!

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, my Lumia 820 's 1650 mAh battery sucks badly as with everyone out there.. I was in search of an extended battery for my 820,that this one caught my attention..

Check this link,
MPJ ? 2500mAh High Capacity Extended Battery for Nokia Lumia 820 BP-5T

Has anyone tried this. The main advantage from mugen power 3600mAh battery is that, it doesn't need a separate back cover. Its the same size as the default battery! It's considerably cheaper too..
But I'm sad that its not available in India.. Looking for such a product here.. What's your opinion folks?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, let me get this straight.
It's the same size as the default battery?

That's an instant sale for me!

However...shouldn't they be able to ship to India? If not, look for a reseller that ships to India.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay, let me get this straight.
It's the same size as the default battery?

That's an instant sale for me!

However...shouldn't they be able to ship to India? If not, look for a reseller that ships to India.

ya, i searched.. Couldn't find any reseller :(
Even I would have bought it if it were available here..
Really an awesome product.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I recieved one of these a week ago. I was very sceptical. Such a huge capacity increase in the same volume seemed very unlikely. However, for seventeen dollars via PayPal I figured I didn't have much to lose. It shipped from China to the UK fairly quickly, although I don't recall exactly how long it took. A couple of weeks I'd guess. It arrived in a very small jiffy bag, wrapped in a smaller plastic bag, sellotaped inside what looked like an extremely cheap iPhone cover, for an attempt at protection presumably. That didn't bode well.

The battery is very slightly larger than the stock one, so it's a snugger fit but no more than that. The stock 820 back fitted over it fine. I put it in and charged it up, fully expecting it to do nothing or set my phone on fire. I didn't have anything to worry about. It charged okay.

So how did it do? Okay, some test parameters first. I've only had time to try it over one charge to discharge cycle. I'm a very light mobile phone user. I tend to do only text messages, phone calls, a little bit of data for weather and news apps. That sort of stuff. I don't do games or video streaming. I do have mobile data on all the time, though.

Under these conditions my Mugen 1800mAh battery would last about four days, consistently. The MPJ one under the same conditions? A bit over five and a half. I couldn't believe it. This thing does what it says on the tin. The increased longevity it gave my phone fits in almost exactly with its claimed capacity. How often does that happen!

It's early days but so far I'm dead impressed. The caveats I laid out should be borne in mind. Games might kill it. It might flake out over very few charge cycles. That said, on its second cycle the battery indicator is so far implying a similar performance to the first. If this battery lasts it will transform the 820. MPJ also offer a good deal on two of these with a wall mains charger. I'll keep you all posted on how things go, as I'm sure others will when they get theirs.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
.....I'll keep you all posted on how things go, as I'm sure others will when they get theirs.

Thanks for the update and if you could keep us posted on how it does, it would be greatly appreciated.

Over the years and thinking back to TreoCentral, I remember seeing some crazy things happen with 3rd party batteries. It almost seemed like a 50/50 thing. Half of them worked great and the other half caused havoc. I remember one guy who had his battery cover melt from an unknown extended life battery he bought on eBay and another guy who posted, I thought these were dry cell batteries, well this battery leaked something. People seemed to have the best luck with the extended life batteries that Seidio sells.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
No the mpj is a trusted company at batteries . And if you go the official site you will see that all customers are happy . Search mpj Nokia Lumia 820 and see

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, buying batteries from China can be very random. I saw this topic yesterday, searched few minutes and decided to order one for my Ativ S. The mAh bumb is 2300>2800. Im most likely losing NFC as Samsung puts the antenna to its batteries, but I never use it so it has no meaning for me.

I will also report back about the quality.

BrunoShady

May 14, 2013
Visit site
is the battery much bigger than the stock one?

I use the wireless pad and protection, from the wireless cover inside my stock cover and I idk if it could place this battery with this things

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Gintonic820, nor should you, and remember I did declare some caveats.

BrunoShady, the battery is not much bigger than stock, just fractionally. It fits fine, just a tiny bit more snuggly. I refitted my stock back cover with no problem at all.

Gintonic820

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Gintonic820, nor should you, and remember I did declare some caveats.

BrunoShady, the battery is not much bigger than stock, just fractionally. It fits fine, just a tiny bit more snuggly. I refitted my stock back cover with no problem at all.

Ok, then tell me...

How much is the battery better than original battery? Is it 10% or more?

That's what we want to know, it just can't have 2500mAh as declared because the size should be bigger (just look Lumia 920 battery)...

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, look at the figures I posted. I was getting four days with my Mugen 1800mAh with low usage. On my first cycle with this 2500mAh I got five and a half days with low usage. You can do the maths yourself.

I agree this seems pretty unlikely. As you said, you would expect a 2500mAh battery to be much bigger. I'm just reporting what I see, nothing else. Maybe the thing has some clever electronics in it that fools the battery meter or something. I don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa