hey everyone .. this is my first topic here but i have a questions :

my phone shows that i have 1.3 Gigabytes of temporary data and when i try to clear it .. it dose nothing what can i do ?
    01-27-2014 04:59 PM
    Every now and then just hit the clear key and in time it will clear. It is not automatic like some people say; but it will clear in time. 1.3 is pretty high. I think the highest mine has ever got is around 60 or 70MB, most of the time it sits around 30 or 40. You can help it out by clearing the cache from all the apks that use cache, Explorer, Windows phone Central apk, etc. Look at the Lumina storage check apk and the details of the apps section. The blue bar chart will show the memory used by the apk and the light blue will show you how much memory the data cache is being used by the apk. This is where a good bit of your tempory memory is going. You will never get rid of all of it; but by clearing the cache you can salvage quite a bit. You have to hunt for them however. After you have cleared the cache files for those apks then run Storage check again and click clear. You should see temp go down some. Alot of times when you install apks they do not remove all the install files after the apk is installed. In time they will be cleared; but it takes awhile. This is one area where Android has it all over WP8. There are several apks that are available for Android that goes in and finds much of the cache files and removes them without you having to clear them yourself. I own two Android tablets and use these clearing apks all the time. But with a little work you can keep WP8 pretty low. Always run lumina storage check after installing apks. Even before you use the new apk to help get rid of any left over install files.
    01-27-2014 06:50 PM