Lumia 820 Heating up

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
i am facing this problem of L820 AMOLED heating up after continuous use following moderate usage like surfing,reading pdfs,watching movies etc to Heating up even of the back side of the phone while playing games..
finally compelling me to let it R.I.P for sometime..

does ur L820 heat up as well...??

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It should warm up slightly, especially if you're browsing the web.

Heck, if you're browsing the web on poor signal, and on heavy websites poorly optimized for IE, your phone should heat up.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes for me it heats up in all conditions you mentioned. Mine still works ok after almost a year of use.

How long have you had your 820???? Its always been like this for me. If you are new to the phone its a problem/characteristic with this model.

mrllano

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine does too, but I think its normal for every phone. After one year mine is still good even though it gets warm sometimes. Battery wasn't affected as for me. Still works the same as the first time,degrades slightly only

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
@SAM nd mrllano- been using for last 6 months... Its just that, The heating causes a slightly heated irritation to fingers and thats seriously disappointing..

graceheart10

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for about a year, and it has always heated up if I overuse it. Usually, when that happens, I turn it off for a few minutes and then turn it back on. That has always helped. Plus, if you keep it one while it is overheating, the battery life tends to go down.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I dont think they can/will.
I remain hopeful but to honest the phone is a delight to use that I overlook the heating issue.

I played and finished Halo SA using my L820. It survived my heavy thumb pressure combined with the super heat.
When it got too hot I usually took it as a good sign to stop playing and go do something productive.

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
@sam - thats compromising and overlooking the glitch and living with an err you didnt pay for..
Also from other forums, i'v concluded not only 820s are heating up but also 920,525 etc.. This is a big issue which needs to be addressed by some firmware update for most of the LUMIAs since WP8 is common to all...
MS did fix one such issue with some tablet of theirs so one can hope for lumias toooo....

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
True its a compromise but I dont think theres much Nokia/MS can do about it. They can try optimize code to use less power from cpu, thats about it.

The cpu is gonna run hot especially for games and theres nothing MS or Nokia can do about that situation.

IMO you can't have all this power packed in 10mm with no active/passive cooling and expect it to run cool.

From what I can gather its the dual core which runs hot. If you want/need cooler phone the quad cores sound like a better bet. I have a year left on contract so I'm stuck, which aint such a bad thing. I waited ages to get my first smartphone and am really happy I chose the L820. The only phones I would consider upgrading if I could would be a 1520 or 1020.

I've said it before if my 820 had HD res, 3 column tiles and a Pureview camera I wouldnt upgrade for a long time. The year long wait puts me in a good zone (quad cores, HD res bigger screenetc...)

Who knows maybe 8.1 will have some optimized code.

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Well said... I think the same.. But still.. Idk y.. It hurts down there somewhere.. The heating thing is like an ugly nudge in such well spec phone..

shanu east

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
i am facing this problem of L820 AMOLED heating up after continuous use following moderate usage like surfing,reading pdfs,watching movies etc to Heating up even of the back side of the phone while playing games..
finally compelling me to let it R.I.P for sometime..

does ur L820 heat up as well...??

My Lumia 820 have same problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786