Got only GDR3 update on my Lumia 820 - Lumia Black is missing

Martin-82

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I updated my phone to GDR3 yesterday, but I didn't get the Lumia Black update, please see the attached screenshots for details.
wp_ss_20140301_0002.png
wp_ss_20140301_0003.png

Am I missing something, or do I just have to wait for the Lumia Black update arrive? On the Nokia website it says that it's available for my phone.

Thanks for your help!
Martin

Martin-82

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help! I updated the extras+info app through the store, it now shows Lumia Black.
The strange thing was, that the store-tile doesn't show that updates are available ...

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help! I updated the extras+info app through the store, it now shows Lumia Black.
The strange thing was, that the store-tile doesn't show that updates are available ...

You're welcome. The thing about the app updates is the phone checks once every 24 hours. You need to keep the phone connected to a data network so you get the update notifications.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted. I went through the same thing once when I reset my 822. SysAppPusher was the recommended fix. I ended up buying it I liked it so much.

NP13

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello!!

I've got a Nokia 925 and i've got a question about the Black Update.

As odd as this sounds, I don't actually remember downloading the update!

I've gone onto the Nokia website to check and it is available in the UK on the O2 network.

I've downloaded some of the Black Update related apps like Nokia Camera and i have the new Glance functions.

Am i right in thinking the Black Update has automatically updated on my phone? I'd hate to miss out! Where can i check on my phone to see if Black did update on my phone?

Many thanks

Ned

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello!!

I've got a Nokia 925 and i've got a question about the Black Update.

As odd as this sounds, I don't actually remember downloading the update!

I've gone onto the Nokia website to check and it is available in the UK on the O2 network.

I've downloaded some of the Black Update related apps like Nokia Camera and i have the new Glance functions.

Am i right in thinking the Black Update has automatically updated on my phone? I'd hate to miss out! Where can i check on my phone to see if Black did update on my phone?

Many thanks

Ned
If you go to Settings>extras + info it will show you if you have Black.
wp_ss_20140301_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss