Downloaded ROMs through IE can't delete them now storage is full

neymar32

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I discovered some time ago the existence of GBA and GBC emulators on the Windows Store and thought that I should give em a try. It wasn't until 3-4 days ago that I opened those apps and started messing with some good ol' games from another era of gaming until I downloaded some ROMs that I didn't want them afterwards. These were like 2-3 and weighed like 200mb each or something apart from other smaller roms(6-7 if I recall correctly). Those big ROM files -which were in zip format only after you opened them though IE could be recognized by the app emulators- were not openeing for some reason so I had downloaded them and could not do anything with them just fill up my storage(1.4GB free at the time). From that point and on I have 0GB/MG free on storage and I can't even browse or do a simple task because its filled with those files.

Do you have any suggestion on how to find and delete these files????

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is not functioning properly and you can't get in the program to free up space then you can try the following.

First step you can try is delete temporary files. Settings -> Phone Storage -> Tap Phone -> tap delete temporary files. This process takes a long time but it may free up space if the files ended up in temp files that is.

Next step is one that many don't like but might be your only option and that is a hard reset. Settings -> About -> Reset phone.

Ensure you backup everything prior to doing this as it erases everything. No game data will be backed up unless the game has that option.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Set the date to 1 year 1 month ahead and clear history.... Goto phone storage and delete temp files and then do a restart and then change date to current date...

neymar32

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
That trick helped! Cool abhishake620 thank you all very much for your help. Though I feel that anytime soon I might be forced to do a reset on the phone.

By doing a reset I'm losing all my sms? I'm asking that because theres a backup option to save them on the cloud which I have enabled it for quite some time.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
By doing a reset I'm losing all my sms? I'm asking that because theres a backup option to save them on the cloud which I have enabled it for quite some time.

You will get you messages back if you have enabled text backup. All you have to do is sign in with the same Microsoft account after the hard reset.

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Date trick is not workin with me to clear my temp storage.
I accidently opened asphalt8's xap with pocket file manager and now m stuck with 900 MB of temp..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12