I have gotten my lumia 820 locked for 7000 minutes, that's really sad.

How it happened? I have put a lock on my phone so whenever I want to access it I'd need to type the password in. After my friend's few attempts, the phone locked itself for 2 minutes, but then my friend took the phone's case off and battery with sim card aswell. I've tried to start the phone up, but then I saw the message:"try again in 7030 minutes" the date has set to March 21st so I clearly have to wait for 5 days so I can 'try again' unlocking it.

I'm asking is there any way to change my phone's date and time (atleast date) from pc or internet or is there a way to even unlock it?

Thanks a lot.
    03-26-2014 08:59 AM
    The only to get your phone back is to wait 5 days or do a phone reset.
    03-26-2014 09:07 AM
    Doesn't Zune has such option like:"Your phone has different date and time than on your computer, would you like to change it?" I remember seeing this somewhere.
    03-26-2014 09:22 AM
    Hi, m experiencing the same problem, did you manage to sort your phone out if you did please advise how
    06-10-2014 01:28 AM
    I am also experiencing the same problem... Phone getting locked for 2 weeks is really lame.
    06-10-2014 05:34 AM
    We have the same problem. It started with a a faulty power button. The phone is 6 months old, it's a Lumia 520. As the phone contains valuable data which cannot be lost in the phone memory, it was decided to back up the data before sending the handset for repair or replacement with the supplier. There is no micro sd card in the phone.

When attempting to back up the valuable data the unlock code was typed in incorrectly, we have the code, but another staff member typed it in incorrectly. This locked the phone for a few minutes. Which is fine. The battery was then taken out as it was believed the lock could have been a sim only lock. This turned out not to be the case. Putting the sim card and battery back in again displayed a message that the phone was now locked for 464118 hours, or nearly a year. The date is displayed on the lock screen and shows as July 20th. It therefore seems apparent that by removing the battery the date and time setting was lost. It does not appear possible to be able to set the date and time.

It seems therefore the only option we have is wait a year and make sure the battery does not run flat in that time. In the meantime we will need to buy a replacement phone for the staff member. Furthermore once the year is up and we have unlocked the phone the warranty will have expired, making the original handset with the defective button junk, ie. not worth repairing.

I am writing this to warn others of this danger.

Last edited by tricky_nokia; 06-10-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: add more detail
    Ashish Saraf1 likes this.
    06-10-2014 07:59 AM