memory card scan and fix - recovery of files

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
i had got a pop up in my phone stating memory card needs to be fixed and asked me to press yes to go ahead or no to back up the files.. i pressed no.. went to storage sense, clicked remove SD card and removed it from the phone.. i connected it to my PC through a memory card reader and when connected, it automatically opened the fix for errors dialog.. i selected both "automatically fix file system errors" and "scan for attempt recovery of bad sectors".. once that got over i disconnected it and put it back into my phone to see every file was listed in the others section in storage sense and it said i have to connect my phone to the computer to manage these.. i did connect the phone to my pc to only see no folder called "others".. i again removed my SD card from the phone and connected it through a card reader and then also i see no folder called others! is there any way of recovering those files?? :( :( i had a lots of pictures, music and videos in there.. and i had no backup too :( please please help me out asap!!

aar494

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
My 8.1 got hanged 4times 3 times it showed the need to fix the SD card after i did a soft reset..I gave it and after a while phone went back to normal

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
why don't you use a recovering software? as long as you havent wrote anything to the SD card, the files might be still there.
havent you try that? there are free ones but also some paid ones give a better recovering features, you could try any software of that, and see if one works.
sometimes I have lost or deleted files and I have recovered them that way. again, as long as nothing is written on the sd card now, the files should be there in good state.

and the "others" thing you say, maybe it's a hidden folder? do you have checked to show hidden folders? and show protected system files?

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
why don't you use a recovering software? as long as you havent wrote anything to the SD card, the files might be still there.
havent you try that? there are free ones but also some paid ones give a better recovering features, you could try any software of that, and see if one works.
sometimes I have lost or deleted files and I have recovered them that way. again, as long as nothing is written on the sd card now, the files should be there in good state.

and the "others" thing you say, maybe it's a hidden folder? do you have checked to show hidden folders? and show protected system files?

Thank u so much!! I downloaded a recovery software and got my files back :) though I had to pay for the recovery to be done im happy to have got bak my files :) thanks again 👍

LucasLumia

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me too. I copied everything to my PC the way it was, then I inserted it again in the cellphone and let it fix it. Surprisingly, it worked for everything (apps, music, pictures,documents,etc) except for Nova 3

rohitkumarparasar

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
about your error. you just copied the displayed files from memory card to the computer and after scan and fix in mobile, the data got recovered back?

I hve tonnes of map data which I need to recover. Any idea how to recover them and the apps data. As I have all files displayed only in the OTHER folder but no other folder accessible from computer or mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05