Is there a way to re-install an already installed app?

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So, my L820 running WP8.1 Dev-Preview, had Asphalt 8 installed when I updated from WP8 to WP8.1, then Asphalt received this update to v1.0.0.5, which went up from the usual 820mb download to a 946mb one. The update downloaded, installed, and then *poof* it disappeared from my phone.

There was no error, it just disappeared. It is not occupying memory on my phone or SD Card (where it was installed), it has disappeared from my app list, games list, it is nowhere. Problem is that now it is listed on the store as being installed on my phone, so I can't reinstall it, nor remote install it. Nor sideload and install. Nothing. I contacted Gameloft and they said they are working on an update, no indication as to when it may come (This was 3 weeks ago). Contacted Microsoft, they asked me to do a hard reset. That is tedious, even with 8.1, and while I am waiting for an update from Gameloft, anyone have any idea as to what else I can do?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried reinstalling from your purchase history on windowsphone.com?

Try using tell me or cortana to open asphalt 8 ?

I would try both of these.

Also do a soft reset, then look for the app. In 8.1 the app would be in the app list, in 8.0 it will be in the games app. If the game isn't in your app list or hub then you need to reinstall he app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6