Lumia 820 storage for unrecognized files

maggie bueno

May 22, 2014
Visit site
HI!
I own a Lumia 820.... sadly I transferred an unrecognized file. I'm asking where I can delete this file because i'ts filling up my storage.....
somebody help me please!!!!!:crying:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
WP8 or WP 8.1?

Usually unrecognized files end up in temporary storage and all you have to do is delete that. Also clear your IE cache if you downloaded it from there.

If neither of those methods work, hard reset.

maggie bueno

May 22, 2014
Visit site
it's WP8. I bluetoothed those files and I don't know where they ended up. I tried connecting it to my PC and looked for the files there but I couldn't find it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
it's WP8. I bluetoothed those files and I don't know where they ended up. I tried connecting it to my PC and looked for the files there but I couldn't find it.

When you're working with 'unknown' files you need to open the immediately after transfer with the app that uses them. Otherwise they 'disappear'. If you didn't open it then it will usually end up in temp files. It will takes some time for the 'delete temp files' to work but there's also an app that sort of helps.

Storage Cleaner | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

or Shrink Storage | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
1. Go to settings
2. Phone Storage
3.Phone
4.Temp Files
5. Delete
After you hit delete it will say Deleting temporary files, this is a background task that may take a while but check back in a bit and you should see some space recovered.If the files in your question are in temp files it should get rid of them. I went from 171mb of temp files to 69mb of temp files. But you can't specify what temp files are being deleted. Of course you can use storage check, or Lumia storage check to try an delete them; but I found the Phone Storage works the best. It has helped me keep my other storage below 500mb for the past six months as well as reducing temp files. From what I hear 8.1 has some new things that even helps more. As my phone is still in warranty I am waiting for the over the air release before I move to 8.1. Been very happy with 8.0 anyway. But I have a 64GB sd card in my SD slot so it will be nice when 8.1 is pushed out and you can load apps onto the SD card. As it is I have all my music, photos, maps and movies on my SD card and even withover 40 apps in phone storage I still have 4.7GB free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb