It's too late!!

Dil gurung

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It's too much late update lumia cyan. Microsoft now going rolling out cyan, it's too late. other software (IOS and android) of fats come update, but Microsoft now holding update cyan,
if Microsoft holding update cyan, otherwise lumia users chose another device
please, give fast update cyan.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't just think, "oh, this rollout seems slow, ITS SLOWER THAN EVERYONE ELSE" because its not a 1:1 comparison.
A lot of times pre-iPhone, involvement with a smartphone was largely done when it shipped. Palm Treos rarely got significant updates, but then again, Palm OS didn't see significant updates either.
High end Androids are generally OK with updates, but wait! 2012 flagship HTC One X has been left in the dust whereas the 2012 flagship the Lumia 920 is still going.
The budget ones? It's a lot more hit and miss. Not enough where you can start creating blanket statements. Maybe you could also try to take frequency into account too.

Apple with its iOS get preferential treatment due to its power and can distribute updates without the meddling hands of carriers on them. (Do I envy them!) Apple also deals with less devices, and I believe they do ship small patch updates sometimes.

There's also tradeoffs done by the companies. "Do we ship ASAP because a random guy says we're already left behind by everyone and risk a massive bug rearing its head?" or "do we take some time to make sure things are better off when shipped?"

It's not like MS is sitting on an update thinking "lets screw our users!" because they aren't in the position to do that. (could be wrong though)
Also you don't speak for everyone, just saying.

Dominik Dominik

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Agree. I quite like the job MS is doing with WP right now. But I would mind if they speed up a little bit, since WP is missing quite a few features compared to Android.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
High end Androids are generally OK with updates, but wait! 2012 flagship HTC One X has been left in the dust whereas the 2012 flagship the Lumia 920 is still going.

Galaxy S3 - Best Selling Android flagship
Nexus 4 - Vanilla Android flagship - $399 (which is quite less than 920)

What about Ativ S and HTC 8x ? Are they getting any goodies like 920 ? I don't think 920 is the only WP flagship in 2012.

There's also tradeoffs done by the companies. "Do we ship ASAP because a random guy says we're already left behind by everyone and risk a massive bug rearing its head?" or "do we take some time to make sure things are better off when shipped?"

Its not true tbh.

Company like Nokia (which is under MS) , can easily roll out updates manually through Nokia service centers or Web dowload instead of OTA.

Nokia is just ignoring this device right from start.

820 should be getting much better performance than 920 on paper (because 820 has lesser resolution screen but same processor/RAM) but because of their ignorance , they are neglecting a nice device.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

What about Ativ S and HTC 8x ? Are they getting any goodies like 920 ? I don't think 920 is the only WP flagship in 2012.

Its not true tbh.

Company like Nokia (which is under MS) , can easily roll out updates manually through Nokia service centers or Web dowload instead of OTA.

Nokia is just ignoring this device right from start.

820 should be getting much better performance than 920 on paper (because 820 has lesser resolution screen but same processor/RAM) but because of their ignorance , they are neglecting a nice device.

yes, you are right! I just took one counter because it is still technically an Android phone and it isn't 100% consistent, I guess even in our ranks too.

welp, its not the official way of updating, it adds another thing for people to futz with and I don't know if its as easy as you say it is.
you can't really say they're ignoring a device when most haven't even seen this update yet, 920? no word yet, 521? undetermined date, etc. The 820 still has the same silicon, and performance benefits aren't going to be "much better" because while the lower resolution is a bit better for graphics performance, it still doesn't make the silicon run any better.
I'm not sure you used "ignorance" right, apathy, perhaps you could argue that, methodical? that works too, but give them at least some credit, all I see left and right are people whining and wanting their update NOW NOW NOW. Sorry, it's just the angle I see this entire snafu.
Apple detailed their iOS 8 update as coming "this fall." Their developer beta is closed for the most part. (They don't have nearly as many roadblocks)
8.1 was announced in February, with the "Developer" Preview launching in the spring.
Eh, I'll just stop there, I can't compare everything directly, there's just too many variations IMHO.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Not sure where you're from, but here in the US, you can buy an unlocked Lumia 920 from Nokia for $236

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR23T5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2667224

Whereas a Nexus 4 costs $360

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ABPKHH...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2667224

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte