-No longer able to share websites to multiple social media platforms simultaneously
    -no longer able to post updates to multiple social media platforms simultaneously
    -facebook app no longer can access liked pages
    -photo is badly organised and takes far to long to load pictures even over wifi
    -no longer able to browse contacts photos from the people app
    ill add more as I find them.
    anyone else got any bugs with the new update?
    08-10-2014 04:17 PM
    Lol they are not bugs just simple changes.. You might want to consider going back to 8.0 and staying there?

AS for sharing on multiple social sites.. Yes MS removed that option, but devs have created apps which give you the same effect..
    The one I use is called Multishare :) There are others. WPC even did a few articles on them.. Get one..

How are photo's badly organised?

Try using the facebook beta app or the other one.. Both are created by MS and get regular updates.. Don't really know if that's helpfull to you or not
    08-10-2014 05:23 PM
    I know they are changes and not bugs, look at the title. I meant is anybody else bugged by these changes?

I don't see why I need to get an app for functionality that I used to have & now they have removed. Why remove it in the 1st place? just like they removed browsing contacts photos from the people app. Why remove it? it was a great feature & made usability super easy.

I feel the photos are not as well organised as before. I go into photos and now see just 1 tile for my onedrive, a tile for facebook. The onedrive tile doesn't display all my albums either, i'm sitting at my desk now comparing the 2 and they don't match. It takes a very long time to load them too, my wifi is strong with an 802n router & 200mbps line but can still take over 5 mins to even just load the thumbnails. apart from the speed I understand this is a preference thing. I just liked tapping the photo app & seeing all my albums displayed straight away. it was logically laid out & easy to navigate. now I have to go through several layers to look for an album, whereas before all I did was scroll to find.

I have the most recent facebook app, but still lacks functionality even compared to the old one. other operating systems facebook app is by miles better. my girlfriends iphone facebook is amazing to use. again it seems like a step backwards to me.

I did consider going back to 8.0 but I don't see why I should have to. the update has made battery usage much better & there are features that I do like, the new podcast section is great as I never did find a 3rd party podcast player I liked. But the more "behind the scenes" changes that are ok but taking out social media functionality??? that was supposed to be one of the lumias selling point, all linked in & ease of use.
    08-11-2014 06:05 AM
    The functions you mention were removed because the design of the OS has changed. Certain utilities were integrated into the OS and therefore needed the entire OS to be updated in order to be altered. With 8.1, these utilities are separate apps and can be updated like normal apps. So instead of having certain features built into the OS, features can be updated and even added regularly by using apps that take advantage of the APIs. For example, multishare is an app that 100% can replace the feature you know of in 8.0, and can be updated to reflect any changes on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I suspect that the change of the photo hub was made to reflect the changes in the way OneDrive works with the OS as well. That is weird that it takes so long to load your pictures. For me it takes a couple seconds over my 100mbps Wi-Fi or a little longer over 3g.

I agree the Facebook app is lacking. However, it was rebuilt from scratch and I suspect that the most recent features will come as the app continues to be developed. But yea, the iPhone version is fantastic, but we'll get there with time just like the iPhone app wasn't perfect within it's first year.

I thought the same thing about how redundant it was to remove so many features, but after reading into it on the forums and thinking about it, it has it's advantages in the long run.
    08-12-2014 02:36 AM
    other operating systems facebook app is by miles better
    Sad but true. :\
    08-12-2014 04:47 PM
    One thing I really like about the Facebook app in WP is how it defaults to most recent. This is impossible with the Android app and I think the Iphone one too. I would literally have to change it from top stories to most recent every time I used the app. Top stories is a joke if you ask me.
    08-12-2014 04:54 PM