Red Screen with NOKIA logo during update

kennethtejada

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
has anyone experience this during cyan update? i used NOKIA SOFTWARE RECOVERY TOOL V.1.4.3. I've done hard reset (volume down + power button) but nothing happen to recover so, i try 'my phone does not start up or respond' but my pc doesn't detecting my phone. Please anyone who can help me. thanks in advance.

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
had the same problem... remove the sd card if exists... then remove the battery, open nokia recovery tool then put the battery back and then connect the cable. This worked for me... and i don't know if your tittle is a question but that was the screen during the update to cyan... and also try to connect to USB 2.0 not 3.0... i have Lumia 820 too..

sousto

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Nokia recovery tool has an option to connect not responding phone. I've got an error during Cyan update via Nokia recovery tool and the red screen with Nokia logo got stack. I was scared, that my phone died. Recovery option got the same result, so I cancelled the update in NSRT (phone remained connected into USB!!!). Then restarted my PC, run NSRT again and connected my phone again using not responding phone option. After that Cyan update passed without error.
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Red screen is normal isnt it? It happened to me, but I just followed the instructions in NSU Retail and it went ok. It asked me to soft reset (power + vol down)

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the red screen is not a bug. It's the way it has been designed, probably so you can visually notice it's not a normal firmware/OS update but that you're flashing the device through Nokia's software.

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes I experienced the same after my Lumia hanged after the installation of WP 10051. AND LUCKILY, my 820 IS NOT my everyday phone but set aside for testing purposes. I am curious WHY the recovery tool goes as far back as CYAN and not to Denim. Well I am on a slow path to updating it to Denim and then hopefully GD2 (because that was I got before I received the Preview 10051). Is there a setting to force a backup NOW? And can I use it to recover everything on my phone?

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes I experienced the same after my Lumia hanged after the installation of WP 10051. AND LUCKILY, my 820 IS NOT my everyday phone but set aside for testing purposes. I am curious WHY the recovery tool goes as far back as CYAN and not to Denim. Well I am on a slow path to updating it to Denim and then hopefully GD2 (because that was I got before I received the Preview 10051). Is there a setting to force a backup NOW? And can I use it to recover everything on my phone?
I think it goes back to Cyan because that's the latest firmware in that region. LSRT flashes it according to where the phone was made/intended to be sold. Red screen is normal.

untitled007

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
experienced that too, at first nokia software recover didnt detect my phone, i just press the exit and relaunch the recovery tool, u have a lumia cyan it finished installing, and register to dev preview again and updated my phone 4 to lol. nlw im on denim update 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077