Glance Screen doesn't work well since the last update - Double Tap also

drummerdrm

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

on October the 3rd, the Lumia exclusive Glance Screen was updated. After installed the Update on my phone, the Glance Screen doesn't work as before on my phone.

Essentially it is showing the glance for about 15 seconds after locking the phone. I set the glance on "peek" so the glance shoud be visible when I hold my hand in front of the light sensor. This den't work. Also I set the glance to "Always show trhe glance while charging" and also when I'm charging my phone, the glance is not shown.

I have the feeling, the only time the glance is shown are the 15 seconds after locking the phone. Even when I set the glance to "always visible" its only visible for 15 seconds.

Coming from the Glance Screen to Double Tap to wake up. Well, I just can say that this is not working anymore.

So, am I the only one experiencing theese kind of problems? And the more important thing is: Do you have any advice or solution?

regards

drummerdrm

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem.
Bought a replacement device, open box "new" from an Amazon seller.
After going through all the updates, from Amber through to Cyan, Factory resets along the way, I think each step, then finally 34+ apps that had to be updated and synced.
Now we notice, screen does not come on for Notifications, with the banner.
Tap to Wake, does not work.
Glance screen does not show.
All settings seem correct and enabled where necessary.
I tried a tip, to uninstall Glance screen by changing date, then reinstalling, didn't help.
Looking at another 820, under Extras and Info, the working 820 has a Glance screen listing, but the non working 820 does not.(I can get screenshots)
I will factory reset again, later, but for now, I am looking for tips, and or a setting I might have missed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos