Could my SD card and Memory Sensor be broken?

chicchio

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Help with SD card and Memory Sensor

Hi to all !

I am becoming crazy with my Lumia 820, Cyan, no brand.

I had a 16G microSD on the phone, everything was ok till this morning, when, after a soft reset (I uninstalled an app), I had a warning that there was an error on the SD. I decided to format the SD, and then all begun !
All my contents (pictures, documents, videos etc.) are in right directory, on the SD, but Storage Sensor (I have an Italian version, in Italian it sounds "Sensore Memoria"), the new app for control memory that was released with Cyan, sees them in the directory "Other".
I think I have tried any way to fix !
Reformat, remove, soft resets with and without SD, moving files with Windows7 Expl?orer and with the Desktop App...
No result !
Can anyone help me to fix this issue ?
Thanks !

Enrico

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help with SD card and Memory Sensor

I have been getting this error for some time now. I have been ignoring it and everything has been working fine. You shouldn't have hit "Repair"..
Ok. Have you tried inserting a different memory card?

chicchio

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

Yes, now I know I shouldn't do repair and format...
I have tried with another SD, it is all the same. anything is seen under the "Other", just as the first SD.
Pictures, videos, documents... Storage Sense puts anything in the Other folder, even if they are in the right directory.

Do you think there is a way to fix ?

Last edited:

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Forget Storage Sense. What about the Xbox Music, Videos and Photos apps? Do they read the media correctly?

chicchio

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

First, thanks for the help.

Yes, anything seems OK.

Video and music are OK. About the pictures, all seems OK but the chronological order of old pictures, that I copied from the PC, they all are listed under "older pictures", new pictures are in the correct order (I knew this behaviour before, I moved some picture from camera roll in another folder and I lose the chronological order in All pictures). Also videos from the camera roll are OK, and are correctly seen by Video app.

I think that I will follow your advice, I will forget Storage sense...

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happened to me. Microsoft should really get this fixed asap. So many people have the same problem. It's pretty annoying. Another thing that should be fixed is like you said, the chronological order in photos app not being maintained. As much as I try to tell myself it's not that big a deal, it's actually very annoying haha xD

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Yes, anything seems OK.

Video and music are OK.

The same thing happened to me when I switched to my new class 10 32GB card. But, just the music. Everything else was listed correctly in the Storage Sense. I ignored it. Eventually, it got fixed on its own, lol.

chicchio

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

I want to share what happened with pictures.

I had all pictures in "old pictures" after I moved them from SD to PC and then back to SD. This morning surpise ! I found all the pictures (not the movies) in the correct chronological order. Maybe that the phone only needed time to re-scan the directories of the pictures.
The only thing that I can remeber I did, was to turn off and then on the "Put pictures grouped by time and position" (I am translating from Italian, maybe it sounds different), perhaps this action had some influence, I don't know.

Maybe this can help who has the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb