I've just gone in a world of hurt and half-out again (in 4 minutes)

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Step 1) avoid future mishaps and buy the 820 wireless charging shell and the cheap Nokia charging plates.

Step 2) Get a screen protector (zagg invisible shield is good) and get in the habit of placing the phone face down. The screen protector and the flat surface of the screen will increase friction and make it less likely to slide, less likely to fall.

Step 3) if you have it plugged into a PC, keep it on the same level as the PC. If the PC is on the floor, your phone goes on the floor. Don't step on it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Erm...

About that screen and digitizer you ordered.

You do know that running 8.1 and above, you can't use a generic? The OS will refuse to see it.

Hope you ordered only genuine OEM replacement...

973733c83e17002a5d68a49afbd81304.jpg

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Now you've been wondering, why this is a terrible situation for me? Because my parents would absolutely kill me if they knew I"d broken my screen again (already happened 3 times).
I am now blocked without a phone (and my parents don't know) for 3 days. Any advice on how not to die?

This is gonna sound harsh, but - If you've broken the same phone 3 (now 4?) times, my advice to you would be to stop breaking your phone. Stop owning a phone if you keep breaking it. You're clearly not ready to own breakable technology, or learn from your mistakes.

Did you pay for the phone, or did your parents? If your parents paid, I'd hope they make you pay to get it fixed each time...perhaps spending your own money instead of someone else's would help you be more careful (definition - full of care).

I say this harshly because I've said it before...to my own son. He broke the screen on the phone we got him...now he's saving up money to pay for the insurance deductible, and when he's got that, he's going to be without until it's repaired. Sucks, but that's how lessons are learned.

Good luck, and stop breaking stuff before you break someone else's phone ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry, I pay for everything. And it's not the same phone. It's just that every time I've changed phone, it's because I broke my other one (3 times since 2010). In my defense, I've only ever brought myself 2nd hand ones. In fact, after thinking about it, I'm pretty happy to have broken this one. The person who I'd brought it from (for 90€) had changed the screen really badly, and there were masses of dust between the LCD and the digitizer (the front facing camera was unusable because of this).

In all, since 2010, I will have spent 312€ on smartphones (LG Optimus 7, Lumia 520, Lumia 820)

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: I have changed the screen, and so it works. Very Badly (not oem?) but you can't tell that from the outside. The back button does not work, nothing is precise, and an entire chunk in the middle/top is really messed up.
Does anyone know how I could calibrate it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven