Can't re-install or de-install some apps...

Ian Middleton

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the 64GB Sandisk SD card in my 820 fail recently. Got it changed, no problem under the 10 year warranty.

I copied all my photos etc from backup back to new card no problem. Some apps needed "reinstalling" on the new card no problem. worked fine running from SD card.

However I have one or two apps (games) that no longer appear in the games menu (thus can't uninstall them) and when I try to reinstall them from the store, I get the message "Please insert the SD card that this app is stored on to install the update", as well as the update button being greyed out. Obviously I no longer have the old failed SD card.

Any thoughts how to get these apps/games re-installed ?:cry:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the 64GB Sandisk SD card in my 820 fail recently. Got it changed, no problem under the 10 year warranty.

I copied all my photos etc from backup back to new card no problem. Some apps needed "reinstalling" on the new card no problem. worked fine running from SD card.

However I have one or two apps (games) that no longer appear in the games menu (thus can't uninstall them) and when I try to reinstall them from the store, I get the message "Please insert the SD card that this app is stored on to install the update", as well as the update button being greyed out. Obviously I no longer have the old failed SD card.

Any thoughts how to get these apps/games re-installed ?:cry:

Well don't do this now just in case someone has a better answer but I get the feeling some important files for the app were stored on that SD card and that you may need a hard reset to get them back.

Again wait to see if anyone has a better solution before doing that.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Go to windowsphone.com...after you sign in, click your name and phone on the right...the drop-down menu will have a link for "Purchase History". You might be able to reinstall your apps from there.

Ian Middleton

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Brilliant idea....but FAIL.

Click on Reinstall in purchase history, and bing, downloading appears on phone...but then says "attention required" whose details are
"There has been a problem completing your request. Try again later"
"This error code may be helpful: 8103010d"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb