Lumia 820 camera problem

ishak_hassan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

I need assistance. PLEASE HELP!

I am facing a frustrating problem with the camera on my Lumia 820 (WP 8.1, Cyan).
Few weeks ago, my Secondary camera (front cam) stopped working. Whenever I try to switch to front cam, the camera app crashed. The camera app won't start until I reboot my phone.
That time, the problem only occurs when I tried to switch to front camera, means the main camera worked just fine. I thought a hard reset can fix the problem, but since I don't use front cam much, I ignored this. But some days ago, I though to fix that and I actually did a hard reset. But what happened is my both camera stopped working. Now, when I try to open camera app, it will open halfway and will go back to previous screen. This is the case with both inbuilt and third party camera applications. Can't open camera through WhatsApp, can't scan QR code through UC browser... Even the flashlight app won't work.

I think its a case of missing drivers and I tried every possible ways to fix this. Asked assistance to Microsoft on 'Microsoft Lumia' page through Facebook. They suggested using 'Nokia Software Recovery Tool' and I did. Reinstalled 'Cyan' with a fresh copy, but didn't help.

Then I downloaded Nokia Care suite, but found Nokia is blocked access to its firmware repository for the public.

I remember I done a hard reset when I had Windows Phone 8.0, without any problems. So, the only hope left for me is rolling back to Windows phone 8.0.

I don't have a spare phone, so, I don't want to give my phone to Nokia service centre or something, because they keep the phone with them for long time, even for small problems. That's my experience and also, one of my friend once gave his phone to fix something and when he got it back, some of the parts were replaced with very old parts.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION TO FIX MY CAM OR IF YOU THINK I SHOULD ROLL BACK TO WP8.0, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE OR HOW I CAN DO IT.

Thanks in advance.

<mod edit personal info removed>

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like your issue may be hardware related instead of software.
If no app can use the cameras it is highly unlikely that the drivers are the issue, this is also backed up by the fact that you've carried out a hard reset and re-imaged then phone using the recovery tool, both of which re-supply the drivers to the handset.
It needs looking at by a phone tech.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos