Capacitive buttons do not light up

rsrocha

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi gyus,

I bought a used 820 from a trusted friend and i went for this one because i wanted a lumia that if it had the capacitive buttons they would light up. The phone has the original purchase invoice and is still in warranty. Last month the phone was serviced at a repair center because the audio buttons didnt work. I also have the repair sheet stating that the touch/frame and back housing was replaced so the phone is like brand new.

Thing is i brought the phone during the day and couldnt confirm if the leds on the buttons would light up. At night i confirmed the leds didnt light up and tried everything i found on this forum related to this problem. Nothing had success.

As i am an electronics engineer i opened the phone and inspected some videos on youtube about the assembly of the phone. Do you believe that the service center forgot to assemble the led buttons light strip flex? It is a tyny 2 track flex that bends to the inner side of the board where 3 pins make contact providing power to the leds. I sorted that out and thought i was good to go but after assembling the phone the buttons also did not light up.

So, what do you guys think? Send it back to service center under warranty? Is there anything more should try? I also flashed the phone several times, hard reset, soft reset, battery saver settings, everything.

After checking the service manual i suspect the fuse for the led lights has gone but i maybe wrong because ive seen so many posts about these lights that im scratching my head if it could be software related.

Apart from that the phone is working ok with no other hardware or software bugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa