When will Windows 10 be available for the Lumia 820?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when windowns 10 available for lumia 820??

I am using Lumia 820 but still i don't get windows 10 updated. I was try through upgrade adviser but even that's not available. I am waiting from long time. Please guys do something as soon as possible.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Errol Greer

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I download win10 build 10586.218 via Insider and it runs perfectly on my 820. (I have 1 Gb ram). It doesn't seem any slower than 8.1, so I cannot understand why MS can't make it available for us.

Klyt

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello
Can you please explain how you got this build
My phone wont fetch it
I have win 8,1, Denim, lumia 820
and need win 10 to be able to run an app called garmin connect
I installe app windows insider ?
Chose fast
And then it reeboot but no update avalible

Klyt

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello
Can you please explain how you got this build
My phone wont fetch it
I have win 8,1, Denim, lumia 820
and need win 10 to be able to run an app called garmin connect
I installe app windows insider ?
Chose fast
And then it reeboot but no update avalible

Hello World :) I switched to release in insider, and after a couple of hours its now win10

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I installed WP 10 this evening, and I'm enjoying exploring the new features. It's a sweet OS. If only there were more apps that I need ..... I feel like I have a new phone. I'm using this as a media device, as my android phones are my primary phones.

Can you do a step by step guide to how you did this?

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you do a step by step guide to how you did this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHnFIMBsjCo

I followed this guide. Essentially, download Windows Insider app from Store. Open app, and select from 3 choices, 1. Insider Fast, Insider Slow, and then Insider Release Preview. Once you do so, I think that the phone may reboot. Go into settings, and check for updates. The update should download automatically and install.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I download win10 build 10586.218 via Insider and it runs perfectly on my 820. (I have 1 Gb ram). It doesn't seem any slower than 8.1, so I cannot understand why MS can't make it available for us.

I seem to get faster battery drain. I just installed the latest update yesterday. I just checked, and build 10.0.10586.338 is ready to be installed on my phone. I will do so later. The camera app is slower (to take pics) than what I remember on 8.1. Also, photos don't instantly upload to OneDrive. I have to open the OneDrive app and fiddle with it before my pix are uploaded.

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHnFIMBsjCo

I followed this guide. Essentially, download Windows Insider app from Store. Open app, and select from 3 choices, 1. Insider Fast, Insider Slow, and then Insider Release Preview. Once you do so, I think that the phone may reboot. Go into settings, and check for updates. The update should download automatically and install.

Did this but its not working, just getting a No Builds message.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Did this but its not working, just getting a No Builds message.

Did you install the Window Insider app? Which of the 3 levels did you select when you opened the app? I selected the Insider Release Preview. Once, I did that, I think that my phone rebooted. I went into settings - updates, and checked for updates. I may have restarted, and then got the spinning cog gears. It installed afterwords.

Good luck.

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what I did wrong the first time, but I did it all again and now I have Windows 10.

It had to upgrade me to Denim first, then Windows 10, it took a long time but it is running perfectly now.

I was quite happy with 8.1 but non of my apps were being updated any more so it was on to 10, which all my apps are supported.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what I did wrong the first time, but I did it all again and now I have Windows 10.

It had to upgrade me to Denim first, then Windows 10, it took a long time but it is running perfectly now.

I was quite happy with 8.1 but non of my apps were being updated any more so it was on to 10, which all my apps are supported.

Make sure to go to the store app and check for updates. I was frustrated with Cloudmuzik on 8.1 as it wouldn't update. When I opened the Store app and checked for updates, it did so, and now, it's running great. Same for a bunch of other apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb