get a free lumia 822 at Best Buy!

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok... fourms were taking longer then expected, so I went on to VZW forums and found a little trick for you 822 yearning peeps. (well anyone really as the phones are all cheaper)

Best Buy is pice matching online prices until christmas eve (excludes thanksgiving week and cyber monday). Walmart is giving it away for FREE. (time stamp of NOV 16th on the page). print it out and go to Best Buy to get yer phone for FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yup, did that earlier today :) They only had two in the store, but I was able to put one one on hold for my fiance. Now i just have to wait for my upgrade eligibility (one week away...).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is what I did last night. Thankfully, my step-son's phone (a 4 year-old flip phone) was eligible for upgrade, so I used his upgrade to upgrade my Trophy (hey, it's my account!). I was only able to do this because of my lovely wife's willingness to accept this phone as a hand-me-down should Verizon soon come out with a 922ish phone. But since she doesn't want black, I was sure to ask what their exchange policy is, since they didn't have the white one, which the web site says is coming soon. Thirty days, no questions asked, no charge. They can only cancel the upgrade with the provider for fourteen days, though. So if they get the white one in stock within 30 days, I'll walk in and trade this one in for it. If they don't, I'll hope my wife will be happy with wrapping this on in a case(?). She doesn't want another black phone after seeing all those colors that the 920 comes in........

---------- Post Merged at 06:47 AM ----------

Oh, and the Best Buy by me only had two in stock as well.

dan nensel

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade fees are included on your bill when you upgrade at BBY (I used to work there). BBY can't take money for Verizon so it has to be put on your bill.

on a related note you can get a Llumia 822 for -$10 when you purchase before 11/18 at www.rewardzonemobile.com you get $110 worth of reward zone points. it does have to be shipped but shipping is free. So if you can wait, and plan on buying things at best buy in he near future (about 45 days to get the certificates) then this could be a better deal.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 822 outright (retain unlimited data) and they price matched Verizon's $449 b/o price which was awesome

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I should have been told that, The reciept says VZW 2YR upgrade smartphone 0.00

That'll be nice if you don't have to pay that upgrade fee.

My receipt shows the price I paid for the phone then at the bottom has "An Upgrade Fee of $30.00 applies to each Upgrade Line. This fee will appear on your next billing statement."

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Cool. I took your advice and went to Best Buy over my lunch hour with a screen print of the Walmart online price. The store did indeed honor the price match for a FREE 822! They only had one black 822 in stock so I grabbed it. Still got 2 more lines to upgrade. I think I will hit up some other BB's in my area. Thanks for the tip! (BTW I did incur an upgrade charge that will be on my next VZW bill. BB dude said he couldn't waive the fee, whatever.)

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Cool. I took your advice and went to Best Buy over my lunch hour with a screen print of the Walmart online price. The store did indeed honor the price match for a FREE 822! They only had one black 822 in stock so I grabbed it. Still got 2 more lines to upgrade. I think I will hit up some other BB's in my area. Thanks for the tip! (BTW I did incur an upgrade charge that will be on my next VZW bill. BB dude said he couldn't waive the fee, whatever.)

Did it have a note on the receipt saying that it was on your next bill? I am worried my bill is going to be stupid expensive next month lol.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Any idea as to when Best Buy is supposed to get the White version in stock? My parents and myself all plan on upgrading at the same time, however my Mom wants white so we are waiting on them to arrive at Best Buy.

If they dont arrive until Monday or Tuesday, will the FREE deal for the 822 still be good? It was mentioned that they wont match prices Thanksgiving week...

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
They won't price match thanksgiving week or on cyber Monday and there is no telling if the 822 will be free or not on a long term basis. Someone mentioned they got the black and plan on exchanging it for white when it comes in. You have 30 days to exchange it.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
This is what I did last night. Thankfully, my step-son's phone (a 4 year-old flip phone) was eligible for upgrade, so I used his upgrade to upgrade my Trophy (hey, it's my account!). I was only able to do this because of my lovely wife's willingness to accept this phone as a hand-me-down should Verizon soon come out with a 922ish phone. But since she doesn't want black, I was sure to ask what their exchange policy is, since they didn't have the white one, which the web site says is coming soon. Thirty days, no questions asked, no charge. They can only cancel the upgrade with the provider for fourteen days, though. So if they get the white one in stock within 30 days, I'll walk in and trade this one in for it. If they don't, I'll hope my wife will be happy with wrapping this on in a case(?). She doesn't want another black phone after seeing all those colors that the 920 comes in........

Oh, and the Best Buy by me only had two in stock as well.

Hopmedic... Very good idea. So Best Buy confirmed you can just do a straight up exchange? What if Wal-Mart isnt offering the FREE phone anymore to do the match? Also, I wonder what would happen if my Mom tried to do the exchange during Thanksgiving week?

Very tempting...

Last edited by a moderator:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hopmedic... Very good idea. So Best Buy confirmed you can just do a straight up exchange? What if Wal-Mart isnt offering the FREE phone anymore to do the match? Also, I wonder what would happen if my Mom tried to do the exchange during Thanksgiving week?

Very tempting...
Not sure what you mean what if WalMart isn't offering the phone anymore... The guy told me that I could exchange this one straight up, no questions, so now that the purchase (if you want to call it that) is over, the WalMart price doesn't matter. =/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)