12-27-2012 07:01 PM
90 1234
tools
    I am loving the battery life on this phone. I left my house this morning at 4:15 am. I listened to 3 hrs of podcasts, spent most of the day in an area with a very weak signal, surfed the web for a bit, played with maps for a while, made a few phone calls, sent a bunch of texts, played words with friends, searched for (about 30 mins) and downloaded some apps. It's 10:53 PM and I just plugged it in to the charger at 25%.
    12-01-2012 09:54 PM
    Unplugged at 3:30am. Moderate texting and Facebook chat. Half a dozen emails from office 365 that pushes as they come in, and 3 other emails that sync on the hour. 90minute total commute time with Nokia music on LTE. 20mins of Infinite Flight. 2 phone calls. 15 mins of shooting pics.

Down to 18% after a 19 hour work day. That's between varied use of LTE, WiFi, and Bluetooth
    12-01-2012 10:00 PM
    I don't wanna hijack this thread, but I just wanted to check in and see if this was normal.
    My phone drops 10% over night and the only apps that are allowed to run in the background are battery level and weather. I have WiFi on, bur Bluetooth and NFC off. 100% last night when I took it off the charger, 96% two hours later with minimal use, and then 87% when I woke up this morning. I feel like the battery is getting worse since I got it. When I got it, it seemed to only drop 2% over night. Is something wrong or do I have some setting messed up
    12-03-2012 01:26 PM
    I don't wanna hijack this thread, but I just wanted to check in and see if this was normal.
    My phone drops 10% over night and the only apps that are allowed to run in the background are battery level and weather. I have WiFi on, bur Bluetooth and NFC off. 100% last night when I took it off the charger, 96% two hours later with minimal use, and then 87% when I woke up this morning. I feel like the battery is getting worse since I got it. When I got it, it seemed to only drop 2% over night. Is something wrong or do I have some setting messed up
    Do you have location turned on?
    12-03-2012 02:52 PM
    Yes I do, could that be affecting it alot? Is there a way to turn it off system wide or do you have to go in each individual app and turn it off?
    12-03-2012 03:13 PM
    Yes I do, could that be affecting it alot? Is there a way to turn it off system wide or do you have to go in each individual app and turn it off?
    I personally leave location off unless I need GPS. The Weather Channel app will use your location to personalize ad's. So I am guessing that it is grabbing your location even while running in the background. I could be wrong but it's something you can try.
    12-03-2012 03:15 PM
    1 day and 9 hours in and I'm at 29%. I haven't been using that much, but it's still impressive to me. I've got NFC, Bluetooth, Location, and whatever else all on.
    12-03-2012 05:35 PM
    I just feel like mine dies so quick. Like 3 % an hour when its sitting in my pocket. I went to go exchange it today, and the sales clerk took out both batteries and laid them next to each other, and I think actually put the old battery back in the new phone, so if it was the battery that was bad, that didn't even get switched out.
    12-03-2012 10:55 PM
    I just feel like mine dies so quick. Like 3 % an hour when its sitting in my pocket. I went to go exchange it today, and the sales clerk took out both batteries and laid them next to each other, and I think actually put the old battery back in the new phone, so if it was the battery that was bad, that didn't even get switched out.
    Do you have Skype or Whatsapp installed?
    12-04-2012 09:19 AM
    I do have skype, but all background tasks are disabled, so i don't think it's affecting it at all
    12-04-2012 11:18 AM
    I do have skype, but all background tasks are disabled, so i don't think it's affecting it at all
    Try turning Battery Saver on and see how much of a difference it makes.
    12-04-2012 11:51 AM
    I'm on my 6th day now and as of today my battery life has significantly improved. Last week I would hit battery saver mode after about 11 hours being off the charger and now I'm at 55% remaining after 10 hours off the charger (with more usage). I'm in an LTE area but usually only one or two signal bars. In the beginning the estimated time remaining would say about 14hrs immediately after removing from the charger on a full charge, but this morning it said 3 days. I understand this is a software estimate, but I'd like to think that its at least telling of improvement.

I did the following:
    -disabled all background tasks, nfc, location, wifi, & bluetooth
    -pull email at 1hr intervals
    -changed cellular from Global to LTE & CDMA only (don't know the details, I just read it somewhere)
    -downloaded the Battery Discharger app and ran it a couple of times
    -powered off the phone, turned back on & set to airplane mode for 30 minutes, then turned airplane mode off (read that on nokia's forums, just did that this morning)

I don't know the contribution of each of those things, but that's what I've done up until this point and I can say that my battery life is better. So, it might be worth a try to you others too.

(First post!)
    12-04-2012 01:35 PM
    Hmm I'll try going from global to LTE and CDMA, that sounds promising perhaps. What's the deal with the airplane mode thing, thats kind of weird?
    12-04-2012 01:44 PM
    12-04-2012 01:56 PM
    Well I turned off the global and switched to lte cdma, and so far I've been off the charger for 6 hrs and I'm at 89% with what I would consider light use, little bit of Nokia music, email checking, and a little bit of browsing. Does this sound about average to everyone else?
    12-04-2012 07:37 PM
    Well I turned off the global and switched to lte cdma, and so far I've been off the charger for 6 hrs and I'm at 89% with what I would consider light use, little bit of Nokia music, email checking, and a little bit of browsing. Does this sound about average to everyone else?
    Sounds about right, as far as I can tell.
    12-04-2012 07:54 PM
    ...so for those getting the awesome battery life: did you guys do a full charge as soon as you got the phone like the instructions say?
    12-04-2012 08:16 PM
    ...so for those getting the awesome battery life: did you guys do a full charge as soon as you got the phone like the instructions say?
    Yes.
    12-04-2012 11:07 PM
    How do you switch phone from GLOBAL to LTE CDMA? I probsbly looked right at it several times, but can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!
    12-05-2012 10:09 AM
    How do you switch phone from GLOBAL to LTE CDMA? I probsbly looked right at it several times, but can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!
    Go to Settings>Cellular>Mode selection (third box) and select LTE and CDMA.
    12-05-2012 10:37 AM
    Go to Settings>Cellular>Mode selection (third box) and select LTE and CDMA.
    I just looked on my Lumia 920. There is no MODE selection box. Any hints?
    12-05-2012 10:52 AM
    Maybe the option isn't available on the 920?

My phone seems to last alright during use, but overnight it dropped from 67% to 58%, that just doesn't sound right to me
    12-05-2012 12:48 PM
    Oh, I thought you were on the 822. The 920 doesn't support CMDA, If I understand correctly. AT&T must not give you an option for what networks it's using or something like that...
    12-05-2012 01:03 PM
    If you have a 920, what are you doing in the 822 forum??? LOL! The 822 has a CDMA radio because Verizon is a CDMA carrier. The 920 does not have a CDMA radio, so you won't have that option, as ATT is a GSM carrier.
    12-05-2012 05:49 PM
    So I'm on my first day here and my battery is at 36% at Noontime after unplugging it at 730am?

Umm, please tell me it gets better? and I have done everything in various threads to give great battery life.
    12-06-2012 10:53 AM
90 1234