• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
12-27-2012 07:01 PM
90 1234
tools
    It took my phone 6 days to break in. The battery even completely drained on me before I even left work to go home, probably 9 hours off the charger with extremely light use. While yours sounds worse than what I had, I wouldn't be surprised it turns around just like mine and what others have been saying.

I wish there was a technical explanation out there as to why it 'gets better.'
    12-06-2012 12:00 PM
    Yeah it seems this phone loves to cycle a few times before it gives you a great battery life, or I hope so. I think I might have trouble with cell service at work and thats not helping
    12-06-2012 12:35 PM
    Phone just died at 2:15, I have never had a phone die this quick.
    12-06-2012 01:15 PM
    Same felling great battery life
    12-06-2012 04:28 PM
    I got mine a week and a half ago, and at first the battery was at max 6 hours, but now its giving me great battery life. I can easily go a whole day without worrying. I tend to keep LTE off anyway just because I'm almost always near wifi, except in my car but i just use my local zune/xbox music files for music in the car.

I used to keep location off, but now I keep it on with no noticeable battery drain. (same with background apps).
    Last edited by fusioncept; 12-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    12-06-2012 06:44 PM
    I've had the phone going on three weeks now and with location and background apps off I get a whole day plus some out of usage. With em on I was getting about 11 hours which was still enough for me. Basically it would be just about by dead by bed time.
    12-07-2012 07:28 AM
    So basically the more I read and after a day and a complete drain and charge the battery is learning for sure and it's already almost double the length. Also I've heard the updates to extra+ are a big help
    willied likes this.
    12-07-2012 07:45 AM
    I haven't charged in 2 days here. Will finally have to plug up this afternoon and that's with regular use and using apps and hames
    12-08-2012 11:41 AM
    Battery has been great for me. If it helps anyone I did let it run down when I first got it and then let it charge overnight. I'm off the charger from 6AM until about 6PM and I'll usually have a little less than 20% battery life left.
    12-09-2012 09:34 PM
    with all the people saying great battery life is this with LTE off or on?
    12-10-2012 08:35 AM
    The battery on this phone is amazing after a week or two. I have LTE, wi-fi on all the time. I only turn on bluethooth when I use it. Screen is set to auto. I don't want to have to limit my features on this great phone.

One tip I have and I think it makes a significant difference, is to turn off the global settings. Go to Settings, Cellular and under Mode selection, select LTE and CDMA instead of Global. Let us know if you see a noticable difference, because I did.
    12-10-2012 09:21 AM
    I have location off and only run a weather app in background tasks running, my phone now lasts almost a day and some hours, way better than most phones I have had. Just awesome.
    12-10-2012 09:29 AM
    The battery on this phone is amazing after a week or two. I have LTE, wi-fi on all the time. I only turn on bluethooth when I use it. Screen is set to auto. I don't want to have to limit my features on this great phone.

One tip I have and I think it makes a significant difference, is to turn off the global settings. Go to Settings, Cellular and under Mode selection, select LTE and CDMA instead of Global. Let us know if you see a noticable difference, because I did.
    Yeah that's only with Verizon....
    12-10-2012 01:57 PM
    Yeah that's only with Verizon....
    Well we are in the Lumia 822 forum.
    WPenvy likes this.
    12-10-2012 02:57 PM
    Well we are in the Lumia 822 forum.
    I'm an *****.
    12-10-2012 04:14 PM
    Battery life is horrible. On my old iPhone (3G) I would go 3-4 days with normal usage. Can barely make it one day on this phone. Everything is turned off. Ran the WP Bench battery test and got 2 hours 34 minutes. Does someone know what this means? The app does not give a distribution of all reported scores but only the top five which are in the 9-12 hour range for differen phones. Thanks.

Gary
    12-13-2012 09:07 AM
    I don't know the WP Bench test. How long have you had your phone? If it's the first day, then see what happens with the next few charges, if its longer than that, think about returning it if you really have turned everything off (especially NFC) and switched your cellular connection from Global to LTE and CDMA.

I don't know a single person who was able to get anywhere close to half of the 3-4 days you speak of on a iPhone 3GS, in fact, most were permanently connected to a charger. So, I'm guessing you're not a heavy user, meaning you should be experiencing better battery life and you definitely might want to take it to a VZW store and have it looked at, they can switch the battery out or test it for you, may just be a bad one.
    12-13-2012 10:21 AM
    Very light user but would like to use the great things on the 822. I have had the phone for 3 weeks and keep hoping it will get better. It has not. And yes, I have everything off. I bought it at Best Buy and I think they have a 30 day return policy. Otherwise I love the phone.

BTW-I had the iPhone 3G and not the 3GS. Thanks.
    12-13-2012 10:43 AM
    What do you mean everything is turned off? You shouldn't have to do that. Are you in a fringe LTE area? Do you have email accounts that are polling often? Do you have wi-fi turned on and connected when possible? Do you have the screen brightness set to auto?

Oh, I keep location on all the time too.

Personally, I have two email accounts, one getting as received (about 30-40 emails a day on this one) and one getting every 30 min (about 20-30 a day on this), lots of background tasks on, maybe about 8-10 live tiles updating. I get or send about 50 texts a day, get or make about 10 calls, etc. Browse my news apps, check weather apps, WPCentral etc. My battery can last from 6:00 -10:00 with about 20% left on an average day.
    Last edited by gapost; 12-13-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    12-13-2012 11:30 AM
    everyone should go to the post about battery life in the HTC 8x forum, it will help a bunch
    12-13-2012 11:47 AM
    I got my 822 about a week and a half ago and have been getting amazing battery life since letting it die completely before charging for the first time. I regularly go two full work days without charging (take off charger at 6am and dont put it back on until the next day near midnight). Location on, LTE on, NFC on, Bluetooth on, WIFI on and I use it for streaming music, a little navigation here and there, 2 exchange accounts with push email and another that checks every half hour, and random web browsing. I haven't had a phone with this kind of battery life since I had a Motorola flip phone years ago.
    12-13-2012 12:13 PM
    Very light user but would like to use the great things on the 822. I have had the phone for 3 weeks and keep hoping it will get better. It has not. And yes, I have everything off. I bought it at Best Buy and I think they have a 30 day return policy. Otherwise I love the phone.

BTW-I had the iPhone 3G and not the 3GS. Thanks.
    Even though you bought it at Best Buy, you can still go to VZW and get it looked at. If you've had 3 weeks of bad battery life, I'd say now is the time. Your experience doesn't seem indicative of most everyone else and you said you're a lighter user, should be getting two days out of your battery after the first few days probably. If I were you, I'd get it looked at or see about a replacement. Several with problems got replacements and haven't had problems since.
    12-13-2012 02:30 PM
    I primarily work from my home office and it is paired with my home wifi. Email is pull only and I only use it maybe once a day. Not in LTE fringe area. The phone in all other respects works great. Location is off, weather is off, bluetooth on only when in the car. I will take it by BB and see what they say. Thanks for your help.
    12-13-2012 04:06 PM
    I primarily work from my home office and it is paired with my home wifi. Email is pull only and I only use it maybe once a day. Not in LTE fringe area. The phone in all other respects works great. Location is off, weather is off, bluetooth on only when in the car. I will take it by BB and see what they say. Thanks for your help.
    Even though you're mostly on wifi, you have made sure that your cellular is LTE and CDMA and not Global, right? It won't matter that your data use is mostly through wifi, it will still drain for whatever reason with the Global connection. Also, just double check that NFC is off under Tap and Send. I found those two to be the biggest drains and they drain whether they are in use or not.

Hope it works out when you go into BB, might just be a bad one or a bad battery.
    12-13-2012 05:16 PM
    Also, until we get the update that is coming down the line, you're not on wifi if the phone is asleep, or screen off, whatever you want to call it. The wifi turns off then. The update will give us the option to keep it on.
    12-13-2012 10:03 PM
90 1234