Battery life= amazing

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I turned off the global and switched to lte cdma, and so far I've been off the charger for 6 hrs and I'm at 89% with what I would consider light use, little bit of Nokia music, email checking, and a little bit of browsing. Does this sound about average to everyone else?

Sounds about right, as far as I can tell.

dm984

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
...so for those getting the awesome battery life: did you guys do a full charge as soon as you got the phone like the instructions say?

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I turned off the global and switched to lte cdma, and so far I've been off the charger for 6 hrs and I'm at 89% with what I would consider light use, little bit of Nokia music, email checking, and a little bit of browsing. Does this sound about average to everyone else?

How do you switch phone from GLOBAL to LTE CDMA? I probsbly looked right at it several times, but can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the option isn't available on the 920?

My phone seems to last alright during use, but overnight it dropped from 67% to 58%, that just doesn't sound right to me

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just looked on my Lumia 920. There is no MODE selection box. Any hints?

If you have a 920, what are you doing in the 822 forum??? LOL! The 822 has a CDMA radio because Verizon is a CDMA carrier. The 920 does not have a CDMA radio, so you won't have that option, as ATT is a GSM carrier. :wink:

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on my first day here and my battery is at 36% at Noontime after unplugging it at 730am?

Umm, please tell me it gets better? and I have done everything in various threads to give great battery life.

dm984

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It took my phone 6 days to break in. The battery even completely drained on me before I even left work to go home, probably 9 hours off the charger with extremely light use. While yours sounds worse than what I had, I wouldn't be surprised it turns around just like mine and what others have been saying.

I wish there was a technical explanation out there as to why it 'gets better.'

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it seems this phone loves to cycle a few times before it gives you a great battery life, or I hope so. I think I might have trouble with cell service at work and thats not helping

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I got mine a week and a half ago, and at first the battery was at max 6 hours, but now its giving me great battery life. I can easily go a whole day without worrying. I tend to keep LTE off anyway just because I'm almost always near wifi, except in my car but i just use my local zune/xbox music files for music in the car.

I used to keep location off, but now I keep it on with no noticeable battery drain. (same with background apps).

Last edited:

luke6494

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone going on three weeks now and with location and background apps off I get a whole day plus some out of usage. With em on I was getting about 11 hours which was still enough for me. Basically it would be just about by dead by bed time.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So basically the more I read and after a day and a complete drain and charge the battery is learning for sure and it's already almost double the length. Also I've heard the updates to extra+ are a big help

thor_molecules

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Battery has been great for me. If it helps anyone I did let it run down when I first got it and then let it charge overnight. I'm off the charger from 6AM until about 6PM and I'll usually have a little less than 20% battery life left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes