10-06-2013 07:13 PM
144 1234 ...
tools
    I got mine the 15th and it's locked up three times. I hope Microsoft pushes an update that fixes these issues. Mine isn't bad so it really doesn't bother me, but I know some are having real problems with this.
    11-26-2012 09:53 PM
    I got mine the 15th, it locked up 3 times over the next 3 days after that, and I can't recall a single problem with it since.
    11-27-2012 03:25 PM
    I had a lockup today. At my work, I work alot in shielded rooms and so I put the phone in Airplane mode. Today, I put it in Airplane Mode in the morning and at lunch, I switched off the airplane mode but the phone just kept searching and even after I went outside where I always have full bars and LTE, it kept searching. Did the battery pull reset and all was fine? I have used the mode before without trouble so am not sure what went wrong. All I can think is maybe when I switched it to AP mode, it might of cutoff a handshake with tower or something and then when back on, couldn't find tower or not sending connect requests??? Maybe a Verizon thing too but never happened on my old Droid?
    11-28-2012 10:12 PM
    Yes, I had the same similar issue with one of my 822 and the SanDisk 32GB card. When I slammed it with music downloads or otherwise used it heavily it would lock the phone requiring a battery pull. I switched the card out to a 16GB I had laying around did the same thing, no issue so far. I think they just don't like SanDisk 32GB cards for some reason.
    11-29-2012 11:49 AM
    Just got mine 3 days ago. No SD card and I've had 2 lockups and a random reboot. Love the phone, but I hope it is software and not hardware. Getting very concerned at this point.
    11-29-2012 09:29 PM
    Just got mine 3 days ago. No SD card and I've had 2 lockups and a random reboot. Love the phone, but I hope it is software and not hardware. Getting very concerned at this point.
    Me, too. Microsoft has already said they're pushing a patch next month (next month is tomorrow ) to address some of the problems, though, so we'll see.
    11-30-2012 06:40 AM
    A couple of things I've noticed with my lockup issues; my phone never locks up if I'm plugged into the AC adapter, phone locks up more if Bluetooth is enabled. We bought 3 822's in our household and mine is the only one experiencing these issues.
    11-30-2012 08:19 AM
    Had my 822 for about a week and got my first reboot today. Oddly, I was in a low coverage area (not sure if related or not).

No SD card installed.
    11-30-2012 06:51 PM
    I had my first 822 (black) for maybe a week and I didn't have a single freeze, reboot, or anything. Returned it for the white one and on my way home, I connected my Motorola blue tooth and it froze up for a couple of minutes. Never connected by blue tooth on the first 822, so I don't know if it's a blue tooth thing or what. That being said, it hasn't frozen up again.

-mcskipp
    12-02-2012 04:40 AM
    I picked mine up launch day and so far no reboots or freeze up. I had picked up the 820 on AT&T and that device froze a few times. I know the 920 and 8X are having issues but as far as the 822 goes it has been a steller device for me the only issue I have is notifications I need to know when I get a text or email for work. I can't believe Microsoft did include this feature on WP8!
    I know this is OT, but what does this mean? I want to make the jump to WP8 and get the Lumia 822 (iOS person here) but if there are no notifications, that may be a deal breaker.
    12-02-2012 08:24 AM
    I know this is OT, but what does this mean? I want to make the jump to WP8 and get the Lumia 822 (iOS person here) but if there are no notifications, that may be a deal breaker.
    The original quote is not correct. For one, live tiles fulfill the purpose of a notification center. Two, you can designate apps to provide notifications right on the lock screen.

Personally, -- as a previous Android user and iOS diehard -- I don't get the bellyaching about a notification center. WP8 functions in a way where it is simply not needed. I suspect that people want it only because it's what they're used to.

In any case, I HIGHLY recommend you play with the phone prior to purchase. Like you, I was using an iPhone (4S) and mentally went back and forth for weeks before deciding to take the plunge.

Now a week in with the 822, I simply love it and I'm glad I went for it.
    12-02-2012 05:53 PM
    If you are in an app such as internet explorer and get an email, all you get is the notification sound. You have to go to the start screen to check the email. In a similar situation with a text message you do get a toast notification, so you can tap the toast and quickly get to the message, read and reply, and get back to where you were in internet explorer. You do have lock-screen notifications and live tiles. These work ok, but overall notifications on WP are not the same as they are on android and iOS. I prefer the way android does it and hope WP adopts a similar notification bar. Many like it just like it is. If you know someone with a WP let them show you how the notifications work so you can make your own decision about them.
    12-02-2012 06:34 PM
    Howdy all. Hang in there!

I eagerly scored the Nokia 822 at my local Verizon store. It locked up three times in two weeks so I reset it to factory settings and tried it for a while but eventually ran into a lock up. I thought mine was defective and ended up returning it. I went back to my trusty HTC Trophy then came across a great deal on the Nokia 822 at WalMart and thought I'd have another try at it. My new Nokia 822 came in the mail last week and it too locks up (go to press the power button to turn on the screen and it just stays black), albeit rarely. Hopefully there will be an update soon to fix this. Today I had a random reboot and little over an hour ago it locked up. I'm going to check the forums over at Nokia to see if they say anything about it. Nokia and Microsoft will fix our issues just hang in there. I'm loving this phone and not going to any other device any time soon.
    12-05-2012 02:05 AM
    Update: I've kept Bluetooth disabled and back spaced to the home screen and am experiencing no lockups.
    12-05-2012 01:26 PM
    I watched mine reboot as it was just sitting on the table the other day. First time in a few weeks. I'm not concerned. Keep in mind that MS is already working on an update to address the issues that we're all having. As a regular early adopter I expect this kind of thing and don't get worked up over it. I like that they've already announced that they're going to be putting out an update to address it. To me, not so big a deal. Like I said, early adopter....
    12-05-2012 05:47 PM
    Have had my 822 for 5 days now and have one screen lock and a couple of reboots. A battery pull resolved the screen lock. It all scares me because I had my HTC Arrive for almost 2 years and only had to pull the battery once the whole time and only turned it off an on maybe a handfull of times. I know the WP8 OS is new but I hope MS is working on a fix for this issue. I used to laugh at my wife's Android phone because she had to battery pull at least a couple times per week. I don't want the laughing coming my way.
    12-12-2012 09:08 AM
    I dunno why my 822 seems charmed, but I've had it a month now with no screen lock and no reboot. I've taken the back cover off once to add memory, and once to replace it with the wireless charging back, but I haven't had to go the battery-pull route yet. My music synced using an iTunes playlist with no problem, and my 64GB memory card works fine. I've had apps hang from time to time, downloads occasionally get slow even with a fast WiFi connection, and the Windows Phone App on my Win7 PC is a little clunky, but that's about it in terms of problems. I'm still thinking this is a great phone.
    12-14-2012 10:56 AM
    I'm about 20hrs into my 822 and no issues whatsoever.

12-14-12: l'm having issues with receiving text notifications.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 12-15-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    12-14-2012 11:28 AM
    Hey, y'all. On the random shutting off, and reboots, here's something to try.... Someone over on Verizon Forums had a phone that kept shutting off. She finally called Verizon, and ended up transferred to a Nokia person in Asia. That person had her plug the charger into the wall, hold down the power and volume down buttons at the same time and hold them until a large exclamation point came on the screen. Then turn the phone off then turn in on (I think she may have meant off then on??) to see if it would come on, and it did. She hasn't had a problem since.
    12-15-2012 04:33 PM
    I woke up this morning and my phone was off and wouldnt turn back on. I figured it it was dead so I plugged it in the charger and it still would not come on. I pulled the the battery and put it back in and after about 5 min it started up. Not sure what happened.
    12-16-2012 10:04 AM
    On my second 822 due to battery issues with the first one. The second one is much better but it is auto rebooting and bricking. Have had to do three battery pulls in four days. I really like this phone but am seriously thinking of going back to the iPhone. I have one more day on my BB 30 day return. What do you all think? Hopmedic-you seem very optimistic!
    12-17-2012 08:50 PM
    Hey, y'all. On the random shutting off, and reboots, here's something to try.... Someone over on Verizon Forums had a phone that kept shutting off. She finally called Verizon, and ended up transferred to a Nokia person in Asia. That person had her plug the charger into the wall, hold down the power and volume down buttons at the same time and hold them until a large exclamation point came on the screen. Then turn the phone off then turn in on (I think she may have meant off then on??) to see if it would come on, and it did. She hasn't had a problem since.
    Did she do this series while it was still black and unresponsive or after she had already done a battery pull and the phone was on and operating normally? I would like to try this but want to make sure I do it the right way.
    12-17-2012 11:20 PM
    Did she do this series while it was still black and unresponsive or after she had already done a battery pull and the phone was on and operating normally? I would like to try this but want to make sure I do it the right way.
    Unfortunately her directions aren't the clearest.... I ended up doing this, and getting the red box (at start of startup) flashing repeatedly, and have up after about 15 times. So I asked her what I was doing wrong, and the reply was basically that was what she got, too, and after a while she quit, and it hasn't happened again. So in actuality, she never saw any exclamation point. :-\

I did it from the home screen, and I also did it from power off, both with the same result - the flashing red box for as long as I held the buttons, and startup seeming to be normal as soon as I let go.

My problem still exists, but my problem isn't exactly the same. I've not seen my phone shut off. Mine locks up, and occasionally reboots.

I have determined, though, that it is when it is linked to my car via Bluetooth that it does this. Each time. Twice in an hour yesterday after weeks without, but I'd reset my phone over the weekend, so it no longer had the Nokia updates - they came last night. I expect it to be more stable now, but what happened yesterday was while linked to the car for hands free, and playing podcasts through aux cable. One time I had hit the back button for something, or was navigating, or something... Was in the phone OS not deep, though, and it suddenly restarted. Second time I got a text, pulled the aux cable (won't hear me say read it if the cable is in), but instead of continuing with the text, it canceled the text, kept playing podcast through the speaker, and as I entered my unlock code, it rebooted, and when it came back up the text was lost.

I have had it freeze and had to pull the battery, and I've had to switch to holding the phone when BT suddenly quit transmitting the audio, though my stereo still said Talking. I'm convinced there's a bug in Bluetooth.
    xFalk and bc3tech like this.
    12-18-2012 04:52 AM
    Hi everyone. I just got my 822 grey yesterday. I've had to pull the battery three times already. Not happy about this. The first grey 822 I got had a bubble in the screen. I had to wait two weeks to get his second one! I'm really not happy if I have to return a second one. My husband has a black 822 and has no problems with it.
    12-18-2012 06:56 AM
    I know it's frustrating... I've had to pull the battery and my phone is wrapped in an OtterBox. I'd encourage you to wait and see what happens with the Portico update, which has already started coming to some HTC phones, and as Microsoft fine tunes their OTA updates (this is their first time doing it), the speed of the rollout should pick up. Also, I saw some stability improvement with the Nokia updates (Extras & Info), so if you haven't gotten that yet, it will come soon, probably today. I reset my phone twice this weekend,and each time that update came within 24 hours.
    12-18-2012 10:11 AM
144 1234 ...