Nokia 822 Random Lock Ups and Reboots?

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth. I think it's bluetooth. Was using my BT to talk via my Car, and it just stopped working. Phone worked on speaker, but BT was done. Can turn BT on and off and nothing. Gotta restart the phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, there's no doubt at all that there's a problem with bluetooth. It's been mentioned on the WPCentral Podcast at least once that I can think of, and of all the times that my phone has locked or rebooted, only once was it not connected to BT.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wanna chime in here as I am also experiencing this issue. While I do have BT enabled, I am not always linked w/ a BT device when the reboots happen. I haven't yet seen a freeze/lockup yet, and am not keen on doing the hardware reset and losing all my stuff. I was initially thinking this could be related to the hardware itself when coupled w/ the wireless charging back - some sort of "short" happening that triggers a reboot - but now that I see others are having the problem w/o the charging back, I think that I'll hold out for Portico and hope that things sort themselves out.

I've also seen the issue since getting the Nokia updates over the past couple of weeks, unfortunately.

btw I'm vastly preferring AlphaJax as my Scrabble game now - Xbox Live achievements :)

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried going to the Nokia Discussion boards, but I cannot even get the pages to render properly. Anyone heard if Nokia / Verizon is aware of the issue? I've been arguing with big red all week, and I highly doubt they would help me aside from simply telling me to reboot the phone or send another. Neither of which will solve the problem.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd offer some additional insight. I hadn't had the freezing issue until recently, and both times I saw it I had started syncing download of a podcast. Almost immediately afterward, when I locked and then unlocked my phone, it froze to the point of needing a battery pull.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine has never locked up with Bluetooth on. I can't really say what circumstance causes it to lock up though because mine doesn't do it very often. I certainly agree that an update is needed. It is disappointing that these new phones are having these problems.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, without a doubt the BT issue isn't the only problem.. It is just one that I know is an issue, as it affects me.

JimMLINY

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I've seen one reboot and it has shut down twice since I received it on January 2nd.

I'm coming from a VZW Android HTC Thundebolt so there is nothing this phone will do to piss me off as some of you here are.

This is the best smartphone I have had in 10 years or so for ease of use, ease of setting up and battery life which is ridiculously longer by a day than any cell I have owned. Now, I'm not a gamer or streamer like some of you but that held true with all prior phones for battery life.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Locked up again. Seems like it's at the lock screen. Held the Volume down and power button until reboot. At least you do not have to pull the battery, and the reboot is quick.. But it shouldn't lock up.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm also with Verizon and have the 822 since day after Christmas. Never had a lockups but did have 2 reboot's within first two days. Hope you stay with the 822 it's a great phone as you will see!
Good Luck.....😎

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Locked up again. Someone from Nokia saw my post and has asked me to work with them on it. We'll see, I suspect this will be the portico update problem.

ivirsnezbit

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had my 822 replaced once because it locked up twice and rebooted once in the first 2/3 days. The replacement has been great but it has rebooted twice in a month, both times when it was connecting to my cars Bluetooth. Just thought this was interesting and may show bluetooth has something to do with reboots. Just a thought. Anyways love the phone, wp8, and this community.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I tweeted twice at the address Nokia gave me and nothing.. I am hesitant to call Verizon because you know what they will say.. Reboot..

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
"Myself, I've had a couple problems as I've noted before in this thread, but I'm not concerned. Nokia has been responsive in the past, and I expect that if it is their problem they'll be out with a patch to fix it, likewise Microsoft. This is the first wave of the phones, and I don't get surprised when something happens, as testing by the company is never going to be as extensive as putting tens or hundreds of thousands in people's hands, so you're always going to discover problems on launch. Look at Apple with iOS 6 maps, iPhone 5 with the purple haze in the pictures with lights, and the antennagate."

The purple haze happens with all cameras like on the iPhone 5, also antennagate has happened on multiple android phones before. And Apple Maps, I think that they are fine personally

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This morning I went to unlock my 822 and it froze on password entry. I let it sit there for a bit, then pulled the battery.

Now it won't even boot. Not even the Power Down + Connect Charger gets me to OS restore menu. This thing just literally bricked ITSELF.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
After two 822's freezing up and losing cell signal and data signal randomly, Verizon is sending me an 8X. I hope the 8X is more dependable for me. The 822 is a solid phone, but I need it to work like it is supposed to.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Well mine just had it's first lock up and Bluetooth was not involved. It's about once a day or so. This time, I had left the phone quietly by itself. I came back to it and nothing. Had to reboot it. I was contacted by a member on the forms who claims to work for Nokia and she asked me to tweet to Nokia to get a response. Three tweets later and 72 hours, and no response at all.. I love this phone, but this is starting to get annoying. I have also found it does NOT work at all with bluetooth music streaming with Ford MySync MyTouch.. Works ok with the non mytouch version.

nathanmaikai

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have also found it does NOT work at all with bluetooth music streaming with Ford MySync MyTouch.. Works ok with the non mytouch version.

I have a 2013 Explorer with the touch version and it works. But just like everyone else in this thread I have freezes and lockups, also as mentioned almost always if not always when using my bt since I use it for music In my car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon