TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a case.
I don't have a screen protector either.

My phone stays in a pocket that only the phone goes in. I just usually hate cases that are rubbery or add a ton of bulk. I also don't like cases that cover buttons. So that leaves me with hard-shell that has open spots for buttons. The one VZW sells that snaps on adds a ton of bulk so I am just going to go nekked.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My personal preference is that I don't like a phone in my pocket, so I wear it on my belt. In the past, I've used clip-on holsters, drop-in cases, snap-ons... On the trophy, I had a belt case that was top-opening, drop-in, and on the phone itself, I put a case that added a little bulk to the back and sides, because it was too small for my hands. This phone is even thinner than trophy, so it was definitely too small for my hands, so yes, I wanted a case. Not only that, but I want to protect it. Yes, I know it has GG2, but Trophy has GG, and even though I take very good care of my devices, somehow I ended up with two scratches on it, inexplicably. Never dropped, never in a pocket with keys or coins...

So I'm now using the OtterBox, which I was happy to see they are making for the 822. My phone is black, though I was hoping for white, I'm not one to really care about the color, but I wanted the white one because that's what my wife wanted and she'll get this phone if Verizon gets a better phone anytime soon. Before trying it, I was concerned about the built-in screen protector, but it works out quite well. I definitely like it. It's taken some getting used to, getting in and out of the car without knocking it off of my belt, but I'm getting better at it. I haven't dropped it yet, just felt it come loose as I turned to get out. It may be a matter of wearing it on the other side, but we'll see. I like the protection it offers, though.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I also use the Otterbox for my 822 and am very happy with it. I don't mind the extra bulk as I usually wear cargo pants and it fits in a cargo pocket perfectly. As for the buttons, I don't find myself accidently turning on the camera any longer because it takes more effort to activate the buttons. And as hopmedic said, the builtin screen protector works great. The Otterbox is a great piece of engineering. But it's not for everyone.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I used a Casemate Barely There case on my Trophy that I really liked. Very thin. I would consider getting one of those, but I think I'm going to go caseless this time around. I will get screen protectors though, as no matter how hard I try, I'll end up putting the phone in my pocket with something else sometime.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My 822 is pretty slippery so I'm going to get a case. Probably will get the otterbox for the white 822 when it comes out. Will wireless charging and NFC work through the otterbox?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My 822 is pretty slippery so I'm going to get a case. Probably will get the otterbox for the white 822 when it comes out. Will wireless charging and NFC work through the otterbox?

I don't remember which thread it was in, but I asked someone to test wireless charging through something - he did so through a magazine, about 30 page, he said, and it worked fine.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember which thread it was in, but I asked someone to test wireless charging through something - he did so through a magazine, about 30 page, he said, and it worked fine.

Thanks for the info! I should be good to go with an otterbox then. Now if they will hurry up and release the one for white phones...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss