What class SD card for the 822?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
has anyone had any positive experience with an SD card lower than class 10? just trying to minimize cost here if possible
That depends - you can go lower for pictures and music, but a class 10 has the highest transfer rate, so for videos I wouldn't get anything less. Keep your eyes peeled on Amazon - they have pretty good deals from time to time.

Jmh89

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
After a week or two of messing around with my SanDisk 64GB, it seems to be working all right now. It's still a tad bit slower than then when music was stored on my old slower 32gb, buts it's not bad enough to bother me. I tried several different ways of syncing, and so far, that has made the biggest difference for me. When I use the Windows 8 sync too, it works all-right, but when I drag-n-drop music, it lags, and when I sync via WMP, it's Really bad. I checked Verizon's website, and according to those specs, it supports 64gb. I find it REALLY IRITATING that Nokia can claim it supports 64 gb, but when it comes down to it they say 'Oh no, we just support 32 gb'. I mean come on, what is that!!!!

Jmh89

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's SDXC? I thought SDXC only started at 64gb and bigger. Isn't 32gb SDHC?
I'm just really curious, because it seams that my phone has it in for SDXC cards....

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

The 64g has been out of stock sense your post went up, but the 32g was in stock. I'm looking for the most space possible so I waited for the 64g to become available. Either I missed it or it never came back in stock, so I decided to get the 32g but that's out of stock now too. Looks like I missed out on this round.

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 32gb class 10 card and I'm having a lil issue syncing kinda. When I plug my phone in and the windows 8 tool comes up it recognize that I have things on the SD card but it won't show up on the screen until I go into music and photos then when I back out its there on the computer screen. Any ideas?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased a 'SanDisk 64GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I'. The original plan was to insert it in my tablet, but after I received it, the tablet only accepts up to 32gb. (my bad) I know my phone (lumia 822) supports 64gb, but when I removed the 32gb i already had in it, and inserted the sandisk 64 gb, it wouldn't recognize it. I removed it, reformatted it, put it back in the phone, and it worked! Cool, one problem down. I then saved about 20gbs of music to the card, and when I went to the music player, it was terribly slow & laggy... I thought it was because it was trying to sort out all the music. This morning, about 8 hours later, it acts the same way. I'm going to let it go for now, to see if it gets better, but at this point, it seems my old 32gb sd (i think class 8??) worked a Whole lot better. Any ideas?

Same card, same problem. Looks like a problem with this card.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Nokia about SD card compatibility...

"Thank you for emailing Nokia USA Careline.

We appreciate that you have chosen Nokia Lumia 822 as your preferred handset. In response to your concern about its supported memory card, please be advised that the said handset supports memory cards up to 64 GB. Here are the specific models that are supported:

? 1 GB MicroSD Card: MU-22
? 2 GB MicroSD Card: MU-37
? 4 GB MicroSD Card: MU-41
? 8 GB MicroSD Card: MU-43
? 16 GB MicroSD Card: MU-44
? 32 GB MicroSD Card: MU-45

We recommend that you purchase a memory card that is manufactured by Nokia to avoid compatibility issues"

So, in short, Nokia is recommending Class 4 SDHC cards for the 822. I tried a UHS-1 64gb sandisk and it was terribly slow and laggy.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I use a class 4 on my Surface. It mostly has pictures and music and has no problems managing with those. I figure video might be a problem, but I don't really do those on a Surface anyways.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
After reading more about this is might not be the card. I have the feeling it has to do with how many files you load on it. If you load too many, then it creates the lag...

RduNC

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My two cents worth: I have G.SKILL 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model FF-TSDG16GA-C10. It works flawlessly but I had to go an extra step with it. When I first put it in my 822, It did not recognize it. I took it out of the phone, formatted it in my Win8 PC, problem solved. Video and music play back with no chop or stutter. Flawlessly if you will. If I find I am going to use this card up quickly, I am going to try the 32GB version of this card.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
OK I've now tried both a Sandisk 64gb SDXC UHC-I card as well as a Sandisk 32GB Class 4 card. Both cards have the same problem when they have more than 25gb of music on them.

The problem with freezing etc is NOT THE CARDS. There is a bug that when there are a lot of files on the card it overloads the music app and freezes the phone. Easily duplicated, it seems to occur once you get into the multi-thousands of MP3s.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
OK I've now tried both a Sandisk 64gb SDXC UHC-I card as well as a Sandisk 32GB Class 4 card. Both cards have the same problem when they have more than 25gb of music on them.

The problem with freezing etc is NOT THE CARDS. There is a bug that when there are a lot of files on the card it overloads the music app and freezes the phone. Easily duplicated, it seems to occur once you get into the multi-thousands of MP3s.

Are the files spread across several folders? I ask because even Windows slows down if you dump 5,000 MP3s inside the same folder. Another thing, have you tried adding the tracks slowly? 1,000 at a time, then letting the app index each batch?

Felbrigge Psalter

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Are the files spread across several folders? I ask because even Windows slows down if you dump 5,000 MP3s inside the same folder. Another thing, have you tried adding the tracks slowly? 1,000 at a time, then letting the app index each batch?

Interesting idea. I had to yank my SD card because the phone kept crashing, but I might give this a try.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the 32 GB San Disk Class 10 card and have had no issues with it. I previously had a 16 GB Class 4 card that I had laying around installed, but while I didn't have any major problems, it was a little laggy now and then. The Class 10 responds quicker. Video is good with it as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET