11-29-2012 05:06 PM
33 12
tools
    No need to get snide. It's common knowledge, and has been intimated by Dan and others in the articles on the main site.
    I don't believe it has been intimated at all by anyone but you that no phone could be created that is anything at all like the 920. In fact there have been a number of others who have stated that changes could be made to the phone, and it would be a different model. I believe I saw another thread where MacPhisto told you so himself, and he's one of those with inside knowledge from Verizon. Nothing snide at all - it's just that you seem to be stating as fact something that is not evidenced as fact.
    11-27-2012 07:48 AM
    I purchased my 822 on Verizon thinking that it would be a holdover until a better phone comes along. I am extremely happy with the 822. I've changed my mind and will probably keep it until/if Nokia brings something amazing to Verizon. It would probably have to be something better than a 922 for me to switch at this point. Go for the 822 you won't be disappointed.
    I agree. I was a bit skeptical about the 822 at first. But now that I have one, I think it is a fantastic device for the money. The battery life is very good lasting through the day and evening with moderate to heavy usage and still having about 15%-20% left late into the evening when I retire for the night. I will also say the ClearBlack display is vibrant and easy to read and use in direct sunlight. It is quite slim, and much lighter that I had anticipated it to be. Really, you just can't go wrong with this phone.
    11-27-2012 01:09 PM
    Anyone heard anything new on the Verizon Samaung ATIV S or whatever WP8 phone they were supposed to coe out with by Christmas?
    11-28-2012 11:25 PM
    This is the position in in. I expect that this spring they will have a better phone.
    I'm sorry, but don't hold your breath. Verizon does not push Windows devices like they do everything else. Every time I have bought one in the store, they tell me if I have questions, don't bother coming in. Also, They have only had two windows devices (before the two new ones) in two years, the Kin and HTC Trophy. Kin lacked the ability to get apps, and while I have loved my HTC Trophy, it lacked a ton of features that almost every other phone had standard. The HTC and Nokia phones will be around for at least two years. Bet me.
    11-29-2012 12:20 AM
    I'm sorry, but don't hold your breath. Verizon does not push Windows devices like they do everything else. Every time I have bought one in the store, they tell me if I have questions, don't bother coming in. Also, They have only had two windows devices (before the two new ones) in two years, the Kin and HTC Trophy. Kin lacked the ability to get apps, and while I have loved my HTC Trophy, it lacked a ton of features that almost every other phone had standard. The HTC and Nokia phones will be around for at least two years. Bet me.
    Ah, if this is what you think, then you have not been paying attention to the tech news this year. Verizon's CFO said on a conference call that (paraphrased quote) "we made android what it is, and we can do it for Windows Phone as well... because we need a third ecosystem to help offset the subsidies of the iPhone." There are more, but the story is that Apple is trying to use the iPhone to force Verizon to get the Apple TV into homes that have Verizon's FIOS internet service. Microsoft doesn't play those strong arm tactics. Also, Google is apparently doing the same thing with Google Play. So Verizon now WANTS Windows Phone to grow.

BTW, I've seen pictures of Verizon employees wearing Windows Phone 8 T-shirts in the store, on duty. You didn't see that last year. ;)
    fusioncept likes this.
    11-29-2012 07:49 AM
    Have you missed the near constant Verizon commercials for the 822 and 8x? I don't remember Trophy ads on tv.
    11-29-2012 08:13 AM
    Have you missed the near constant Verizon commercials for the 822 and 8x? I don't remember Trophy ads on tv.
    Me, I have, as I don't have cable, and what little TV I do watch is streamed, but I've seen plenty of ads on the internet for them. I don't recall seeing a single one for Trophy. Also, 822 and 8x were both given top billing the day before launch on VZW's site. Trophy never got that. Anyone who thinks Verizon has the same attitude now that they had when Trophy launched has their head buried in the sand.
    db4williams and willied like this.
    11-29-2012 11:46 AM
    Agreed. I only knew a WP7 device existed on Verizon because I did a google search to see if there would ever be one, lol...
    11-29-2012 05:06 PM
33 12