Hmm - this is kind of odd (FedEx tracking)

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been tracking my white 822 on the FedEx site. Shipped on Friday morning, arrived in Baltimore last night. Pretty fast!

However, seeing as live pretty close to Bmore, I'm trying to figure out why the estimated delivery is Tuesday evening? Does FedEx not deliver on Saturdays? Is Monday a holiday or something?

Not a big deal, just curious. Seems a little off.

-mcskipp

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Fed ex has let several of my packages just sit until the day they are scheduled for delivery. Your packages is likely sitting in a shipping container at the airport and will be transported to your local fed ex and sorted for Tuesdays delivery on Monday.

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking at the tracking log again. Says it arrived in Baltimore on Friday evening, and shipped to Largo, and then Crofton - three stops in one night? All in between Baltimore and DC. Kind of weird how it's bouncing all around the area.

-mcskipp

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That's just how it goes. If you get lucky you might get it tomorrow, but my experience says no. My college ships with them for everything and I always go through the same routine. It just annoys me how it will sit for days waiting until my scheduled delivery date. USPS always gets my package delivered the day it arrives at the airport.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine it shows that it's sitting at the sorting facility here in Chicago since 5pm yesterday. However, still schedule for a monday delivery. I'm hoping they decide to get it to me today, fedex does deliver on saturdays don't they?

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Does FedEx not deliver on Saturdays? Is Monday a holiday or something?

FedEx does technically deliver on Saturdays, but that's when a Saturday delivery has been paid for. It's been several years since I've done weekly FedEx/UPS shipping, but as long as it hasn't changed, then that's correct. Regular orders such as yours, would be scheduled for Standard Overnight delivery most likely (not sure where you ordered from, I think VZW uses 2 day). Monday seems like the more logical delivery date and it's not a holiday, so not sure about why it says Tuesday, but that is why Saturday isn't listed as your expected delivery date. The Saturday delivery surcharge is significant (double the regular).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786