As my signature shows below, if Verizon made it, I bought it, so I've had pretty much every high end phone they've sold. I walked into my favorite store on drop day and the folks there were suprised to see me as I am usually an Android girl. I told them I wanted to see the Windows phones so they took me over, I looked at the two, and picked the 822 right away.

I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!! It's not perfect, but it sure is close. For me first and foremost a phone must function as a phone (strange concept I know) and this Nokia does with more signal to spare. It is the most clear, sharp sounding signal I've ever had so far. The rest is just gravy. It has apps that work just as good and sometimes better than Android or Apple or BB.

Just wanted to add my two cents to the thread. Hope this helps someone who's on the fence about this phone.

One thing it is lacking is covers. WE NEED MORE COVERS!!!!
    Steven Piazza, willied and scolab like this.
    11-25-2012 07:09 PM
    The 822 is a really nice phone, congrats!

I'm thinking we may see some new covers from Nokia before too long. I'm thinking modular design lends itself to the possibility of some third party covers too, I think one that would accommodate an extended battery, for example, would be really cool. I think the replaceable backplate should leave some interesting options for future upgrades like that.
    11-25-2012 07:15 PM
    Great to hear your enthusiasm Iherch, I'm sure the covers will be churned out in no time at all :p
    11-26-2012 02:39 PM
    The windows OS is a much needed breath of fresh air in the smartphone market. If most people just give it a try they would see what they are missing out on.
    11-26-2012 05:17 PM