Fedex sucks!!!

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I am soooooo PO'd right now! Stupid FEDEX supposedly delivered my new white 822 to my house... only it's not there! People home, car in the driveway, and according to their notes on their system, he left it at the door, didn't make contact with anyone, just left it... right, like I believe that! Now my day is ruined, no phone, and someone, probably a FEDEX employee, is enjoying my phone. Absolutely unbelievable! What a stupid way to run a delivery service! Customer service, what's that?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If you ordered your phone from Verizon then a signature is required . I would call FedEx and ask who signed for the package.

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
No, it was from Walmart Wireless (yeah it's free, but that's not the point), and no signature was required. But get this... 3.5 hours later, after lots of griping from me in the last 1.5 hours, guess who comes to the house with the phone? Amazingly, the driver was still within half an hour of my house, was able to go 'to the next street over', get the package, unopened and still at the door of the house he supposedly left it at 3.5 hours ago, and bring it to my home. Now, my street has a name, not a number, and there is no other street name similar to my street in the area... you'd have to be pretty darn dumb to do that!
My guess, and it's just a guess, maybe I'm a little untrusting of people after over 30 years working in criminal justice, but I suspect what we have here is a little highly suspect behavior, if you ask me. Packages disappear, Walmart sends out a new one, and it all gets written off as a loss for the insurance companies to pay for. Anyway, I got my phone, when I get home, I get to play with it, and then, my wife will probably want it for herself... yup, I'm a pessimist.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
How about checking the offensive insinuations about people at the door? There is no place for that here or anywhere and you have no proof of anything other than a screwed up delivery that was resolved. Did you get the phone? It appears the answer to that is yes. Instead of just saying that you have it, you add in baseless insults directed at FedEx drivers. If you have complaint, direct it to FedEx. If it has been resolved then shut up about it. Oh, a FedEx driver in many areas is never more than half hour from an address and someone went out of their way to correct an error. Typically, the appropriate response is thank you. In your life of utter perfection perhaps you might want to lower yourself to accept people to make mistakes. BTW, you might also try showing your wife a bit more respect....

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
How about checking the offensive insinuations about people at the door? There is no place for that here or anywhere and you have no proof of anything other than a screwed up delivery that was resolved. Did you get the phone? It appears the answer to that is yes. Instead of just saying that you have it, you add in baseless insults directed at FedEx drivers. If you have complaint, direct it to FedEx. If it has been resolved then shut up about it. Oh, a FedEx driver in many areas is never more than half hour from an address and someone went out of their way to correct an error. Typically, the appropriate response is thank you. In your life of utter perfection perhaps you might want to lower yourself to accept people to make mistakes. BTW, you might also try showing your wife a bit more respect....

You must be a Fedex driver? LOL

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
TaliZorah, I suspect there was, but I'm over it now, I've just seen far too many people doing the wrong things to not see the dark side, but I've expressed my opinion to the company, time to move on, though, from now on, I'll just pick it up myself rather than wait for a delivery.

(happy, swyost? by the way, swy, I didn't say I wouldn't give it to her, did I? I will, if I can't talk her into waiting until May for the next upgrade to become available.. nothing I'd like better than to get her on a WP and toss her TBolt in the trash!)

o4, it's beautiful! No visible defects in the construction, all smooth and clean, no gaps, great feel and weight just right with the battery in it My first Nokia, and I'm very impressed. Unfortunately, I can't tell how it works because it's not activated; since I bought it from Walmart Wireless, they say they have to do the activation, and that it will take 24 hours! So expressing my annoyance with FedEx has come back to bite me on the behind! Too funny! You gotta laugh! I wait for them to activate it, and hope everything goes smoothly between them and Verizon. WMW must get some kind of payment from Verizon for handling the sales and activation for them, maybe it saves Verizon money in the long run... for $99 in savings, I can wait 24 hrs... I guess.:unhappy:

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
o4, it's beautiful! No visible defects in the construction, all smooth and clean, no gaps, great feel and weight just right with the battery in it My first Nokia, and I'm very impressed. Unfortunately, I can't tell how it works because it's not activated; since I bought it from Walmart Wireless, they say they have to do the activation, and that it will take 24 hours! So expressing my annoyance with FedEx has come back to bite me on the behind! Too funny! You gotta laugh! I wait for them to activate it, and hope everything goes smoothly between them and Verizon. WMW must get some kind of payment from Verizon for handling the sales and activation for them, maybe it saves Verizon money in the long run... for $99 in savings, I can wait 24 hrs... I guess.:unhappy:

It does indeed save Verizon money.

What's the process of Walmart activating it? Do you just do it online or over the phone or what? I bought mine from them as well, and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The accusations of thievery of phones are what I find amusing... I mean what can you do with a stolen phone, anyway??? They're pretty easy to disable....

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Willied, it's already activated! And it's pretty damn (oops sorry.... darn!) nice! The process was to go online through the email WMW sends you, and 'chat' online... that was a very annoying experience. The guy was unable to understand simple questions... like "When will I be able to use my current phone until the activation occurs? and "How will I know when it happens?" Seriously! He said I would be able to use my Trophy, but he was wrong... the answer actually is "Kinda. Sorta." My Trophy stopped updating the emails, then data was turned off, texting and phone went away soon after... no email to tell me but that's fine. I called Verizon to make sure things were going smoothly (but don't let them do things for you... WMW has to do it first... if they have trouble, then you go to Verizon). When my Trophy was completely useless, I called WMW to make sure the activation was completed; it was, and after putting in my primary Microsoft account info (the same one I had on the Trophy) all my contacts are there. NICE! The phone is very responsive, I've run what charge the battery had down already, but I wanted to do that, and now all I gotta do is reload the apps I had (not sure how I do that, but that's cool too!), and get my bluetooth going, and I'm set! Not really a bad experience at all with WMW, not bad at all.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tip: You could, if I remember the order of operations correctly, go ahead and "set up" your new Windows Phone, using WiFi - add your Microsoft Account, start installing apps, get it configured as you like it, all that jazz.... Before it is activated. Activated just means you have cellular. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, because I have NOT done this myself, but it just seems to make sense.

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
hop, yeah, I didn't understand WMW insistance on doing the activation... I think it's part of their agreement with Verizon. When you open the shipping box, there's a big sticky on it that says do not call Verizon, contact only them, or it may delay the activation. The paperwork they ship with it even shows that the sticker has been attached to the box... but when I did the activation process, the first guy on the online chat didn't seem to know why I was contacting them.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of mad with Fedex now (not really, but kind of :p). They said it was coming today, but now it's coming tomorrow. Looking at the tracking it seems it sat around in one place for the better part of yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett