Hello,

This is my first post in these forums. I have had the Lumia 822 since launch day and have had a few issues with freezing and rebooting that have since cleared up since doing a factory reset. One issue that has not cleared up though is my inability to record video. When I try to end a video recording, it will boot me back out to the home screen and when I check my albums, the video is not there. Every once in a while a video will record and show up, but it will be very choppy. Has anyone else had issues with recording video? Is this a firmware issue or do I have a lemon of a phone? Thanks very much in advance for any help.
    11-29-2012 04:02 PM
    Hello,

This is my first post in these forums. I have had the Lumia 822 since launch day and have had a few issues with freezing and rebooting that have since cleared up since doing a factory reset. One issue that has not cleared up though is my inability to record video. When I try to end a video recording, it will boot me back out to the home screen and when I check my albums, the video is not there. Every once in a while a video will record and show up, but it will be very choppy. Has anyone else had issues with recording video? Is this a firmware issue or do I have a lemon of a phone? Thanks very much in advance for any help.
    Do you have a SD card in your device? Maybe that is a bottleneck. Take out the card and record directly to the phone and see if that improves. If it does you might need a faster card.
    11-29-2012 05:03 PM
    Do you have a SD card in your device? Maybe that is a bottleneck. Take out the card and record directly to the phone and see if that improves. If it does you might need a faster card.
    Yes... While I haven't looked closely at the specs, I also don't remember seeing it in the specs, but I did see someone in one of the threads say it needed to be a class 10 card.
    11-30-2012 07:42 AM
    Even with a Class 10 card I sometimes see the camera crash after recording a video, taking a while to show up in the Camera Roll, and then end up being choppy. I've given up on recording to the card and I record to the phone and then drag it over to my desktop with the desktop app.
    11-30-2012 11:02 AM