system settings

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody tell me what is the best setting under cellular-mode selection??

Global
LTE and CDMA
LTE, GSM, or UMTS

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
No offense but unless you are traveling internationally, I would suggest the best choice is pretty obvious when using a VZW phone. I don't quite know why anyone would even mess with the defaults provisioned by VZW setup. VZW is a CDMA and lLTE only network.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Stephen is right. You shouldn't have to mess with those at all. In fact if you go into an area that has no 4G coverage, it will default to 3G without you having to do anything.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100% about not messin with some stuff but mine was defaulted to Global and i set it to LTE and CDMA. I guess i was wondering what other 822 users was set to

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine came defaulted to Global. I changed it to LTE-CDMA

I did the same thing. I don't know if it makes that big of a difference but I get great service!

I just wish there was an option to turn LTE off because there are a few areas around where I work where I get 1 bar of LTE and it's slower than 3G. When I had my iPhone I would turn off LTE in those areas and I would get full bars of 3G which would actually be faster.

drummer0294

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
A tip from the win mobile days on Verizon Global phones to improve battery life was to set the phone radios to CDMA only. I noticed that by default the 822 was set to Global...I like others have posted to set it to CDMA and LTE. This should have a positive effect on battery life by turning off the other radios.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
A tip from the win mobile days on Verizon Global phones to improve battery life was to set the phone radios to CDMA only. I noticed that by default the 822 was set to Global...I like others have posted to set it to CDMA and LTE. This should have a positive effect on battery life by turning off the other radios.
That makes sense I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos