Amazed by how much I like this device....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I found time to go to a Verizon store and try out their 8X and the 822. I was starting to question my fan boy-ism as I had not done it yet. Now, I am on AT&T until November 30, 2014. So I am not able to buy. The 8X was nice- no doubt. Decent balance, very nice screen. But the 822??

Simply amazing.

Loved the way it felt- just seemed like a slightly wider device that fit more comfortably in my hand. It responded so nice I was back to scrolling back and forth like a newbie just to watch it respond. Played with City Lens- and I was very amused. The rounded edges of the phone just made it a pleasure to hold at any angle. The buttons responded and felt great, although I dislike Nokia's decision to put all the rockers on one side as it feels a little cramped. I love the screen- I do not care if it is so 9 months ago. It has a wonderful balance of color and deep hues.

This is a wonderful device. I have not seen a 820 in any of my AT&T stomps, but if it compares favorably to the 822, I may pick it over the 920 despite the 920's price and camera. Now, I am PUMPED to see it and the 810 at a T-Mobile store just to see.

Very happy for Big Red customers. You all have two great options. Hope the Samsung ATIV Odyssey lives up to the 822.

I think Nokia is going to be just fine, folks.....

Last edited:

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree. When pictures first came out about the 822, I was in the camp that most were. Unimpressed. The 8X wowed me out of the gate as did the 920. The 822 looked boring, but getting to play with one made me change my mind. I also saw the upgraded internal storage and the GG2 screen. The 8X is a very nice phone, but feels less substantial. The one negative I see is the LED indicator light that is on the 8X that I also have on my Trophy.

I think it's funny that most consider the 822 a mid-level phone. If it had a higher resolution screen then every one would say it is high end. Love the expandability via micro-SD and how it's hidden in the battery compartment so the phone still looks largely unibody with the snap off back cover.

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the 822 def is not a mid level phone. If it is, then the 820 is a low level phone, and 810/822 are mid, with 920 high end.

The only difference between the 822 and the 920 is the OIS camera in the 920 and the better screen res in the 920. everything else the 822 has + a microSD slot.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I would consider it between mid and high end, but probably closer to mid. Whatever the case it doesn't matter as it's a super solid phone.

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I love my 822. I am big time gadget fan and usually by the time I get home with my new phone I am already looking at future phones. So far I have not done that since I got my 822. I may actually keep this phone longer than my 6 month avg. How this is considered a "lesser" phone it is beyond me, the specs are awesome and it is super fast.

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Im with you, i am lucky to keep a phone for more than 6 months, im from android so it was usually about specs, the s3 most recently. I walked in to phones 4u and asked to see the 920, they had none so i said i would look at the 820 just because i could, the phone was dead, so i couldn't see the screen but the second i held the 820 my mind was made up. It was solid, weighty, which i consider a plus, its was a bit plain but it just lets the os do the talking. Never in the last 10 years have i decided on a phone before looking at the screen and yet i did with this. So that should speak volumes about how good a job Nokia has done with the phones this time around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte