Connecting to home wireless

mikejones2000

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting my phone to connect to my wireless router at home. No matter what I try it says "invalid password." I even tried removing the password from my router. I can connect to other wifi just fine, my laptop is still connecting no problem. Any other ideas?

Router is Linksys WRT54GL

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting my phone to connect to my wireless router at home. No matter what I try it says "invalid password." I even tried removing the password from my router. I can connect to other wifi just fine, my laptop is still connecting no problem. Any other ideas?

Router is Linksys WRT54GL
Have you tried changing your router's security settings? Some devices just won't play nice with WPA settings but will work just fine with WPA2. I had to do this change when I got my Nexus 7, so it's worth the shot.

WinDude

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My advice, although admittedly a bit of a pita, is to disable wep/wpa, and filter on MAC addresses. Added benefit is you do not have any SSL overhead, and don't have to remember any passwords. It's pretty easy to do on most wireless routers.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
@mikejones
After changing the security settings, did you try connecting any of your other devices to the network? Did it connect? I'd try after changing the security settings to reboot both your phone and the router and start fresh.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My advice, although admittedly a bit of a pita, is to disable wep/wpa, and filter on MAC addresses. Added benefit is you do not have any SSL overhead, and don't have to remember any passwords. It's pretty easy to do on most wireless routers.

This leaves the network vulnerable to sniffers that can pick up the MAC address, which can then be used to spoof a device and get access to the network. Not a great idea, unless you live in the boonies and don't anticipate any hackers living near you.

mikejones2000

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen a couple of times. Rebooting the phone seems to take care of it for me.

thanks, this did the trick. Leaving the security off is out of the question, I live in an apartment with dozens of people that could possibly connect. I did try that just to see if I could connect though.

1martini

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I've reset the wireless network, rebooted the router, changed the passwords and network keys, tried both WPA and WPA-2 and rebooted my phone multiple times. The phone still tells me that the phone can't reach the Wi-Fi network. I've never had any trouble connecting any devide (iPhone, laptops, Kindle products, Android) to this wireless network. So freaking frustrated! Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does this phone connect to other secure WiFi networks? If it does, there must be something going wrong with the handshake. If not, it sounds like a bad phone. I haven't had any problem with WiFi connectivity, and best I can tell it's not a common problem, so it could well be hardware related.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with a belkin router. Weird thing is it was working fine up until the afternoon now all the HD7's, iPod Touch 4, and laptops can connect with no problem. I've rebooted several times but no luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon