"Nokia Accessories" app - or Accessories in your Settings?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone using an 822 have Nokia Accessories app? Or do you have an Accessories option in your Settings?

I bought the wireless charging stand from ATT and have been trying to get the NFC capabilities to work. Emails from Nokia support tell me to go to the Accessories option in the Settings menu. Further digging seems to reveal that 920s have a Nokia Accessories app. But I can't find it any where. Can anyone shed light on this for me? Anyone with a 920 and 822 check if you have it on one and not the other?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
When I first opened the extra+info settings app, it prompted me to download a Nokia accessories app. It couldn't find it in the store, and has never asked me again. Lumia 920 att, here.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an Accessories app or setting. Do you have Tap and Send turned on?

Several other 822 owners have a charging plates, if you post in one of the existing threads or start a new one asking for help with the charging plate, maybe someone can tell you how they are getting theirs to work?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone using an 822 have Nokia Accessories app? Or do you have an Accessories option in your Settings?

I bought the wireless charging stand from ATT and have been trying to get the NFC capabilities to work. Emails from Nokia support tell me to go to the Accessories option in the Settings menu. Further digging seems to reveal that 920s have a Nokia Accessories app. But I can't find it any where. Can anyone shed light on this for me? Anyone with a 920 and 822 check if you have it on one and not the other?

I also have the wireless stand, you just connect the stand to the wall outlet. then you can put the phone on the stand to charge without having to turn on NFC. It works automatically.So have this in mind you don't need to activate the NFC to charge wirelessly at least with the stand i don't know other products

Ok , now the second part. If you turn on the NFC and you tap the base of the stand the NFC activates and prompts to accept the content. When you accept it tells you to choose an app and show you the list of apps you have installed to start every time you pair the phone with the stand.After choosing an app If you want in the future to change which app starts when you pair it you have to go to settings , accessories. There you will find the Wireless charging Stand, long press on it and it gives you two options i think one is to delete . If you do you have to start like when you bought it and use it for first time. The other i think is to change the app you have chosen. Hope that helps.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It charges fine, I have that figured out. It's the NFC that's not working.

And the reason it's not working is because I don't have "accessories" as an option in my settings menu. Apparently I need the Nokia Accessories app to get "accessories" in my settings menu, but I don't have the app and I can't find the app in the marketplace. I'm wondering if it came preinstalled on 920s and not on 822s. But from the first reply, it seems it didn't come preinstalled on the 920s. So where did the app go?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an Accessories app or setting. Do you have Tap and Send turned on?

Several other 822 owners have a charging plates, if you post in one of the existing threads or start a new one asking for help with the charging plate, maybe someone can tell you how they are getting theirs to work?

I do have tap to send turned on. It seems the problem is the lack of accessories in the menu and the missing app. I've checked other threads on the topic, but it seems everyone posting was a 920 owner. I wondered what other 822 owners had.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. So, your wireless charging is working fine? But you still need Accessories app for what?

For what it's worth, though I have no idea what this "Accessories" thing is, I noticed in one of the recent updates (think it's the extras), the details of it say that Accessories Agent is part of what was installed. Possibly it's something that runs in the background as part of the system?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The wireless charging stand has NFC capabilities, meaning when you set your phone in it, it does do two things. 1) charge your phone; 2) perform a predetermined action via nfc. In this case, the action is that it can open an app for you when it's docked, like a clock or weather, or whatever.

The charge works fine. Plug it in, set your phone on it, done...it charges.

The nfc, however, is supposed to ask you what app you want to open. However, to do this, you need an app from Nokia to accomplish this (Yo dawg, I heard you need apps to open your apps)...Nokia Accessories, as far as I can determine, which gives you an accessories option in the settings menu. I don't have that option in the settings menu, nor do I have the app, nor can I acquire the app.

Nokia support emailed back today and told me I'll need to reset my phone. I don't consider that an ideal solution, I'd prefer to not reload everything after a few weeks with the device. I don't think the nfc capability is that important to me.

Here's a video of what happens. I set the phone on the dock, it charges. No problems there. I then try to activate nfc and you'll see what prompts I get.

[video]http://sdrv.ms/TWTiIr[/video]

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There is a wireless charging plate, which you are probably thinking of, and the wireless charging stand. I have both, but the stand has nfc, while the plate does not. The stand holds the phone nearly vertical, at a slightly tilted angle while it charges.

kg93678

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I contacted Nokia and they said they would have technical support call me to find out more about the issue (the reps on the phone could not seem to grasp the problem.) Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I contacted Nokia and they said they would have technical support call me to find out more about the issue (the reps on the phone could not seem to grasp the problem.) Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

Cool, let me know what you find out. I've been in contact with them too. I sent some screens caps of the problem and the video. They've been responsive so far, hopefully they can figure it out.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Nokia just called me, asked me for more information, then said they were escalating the issue to "tier 3" support and that I'd get another call. It's getting serious now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos