IS anyone using the Verizon 822 on tmobile or AT&T in U.S.?

jr585

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to send and receive text, and picture messages? can advise what settings you add for it to work? Thanks in advanced.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to send and receive text, and picture messages? can advise what settings you add for it to work? Thanks in advanced.

Yes..... and your APN settings depend on what GSM carrier you are using.....Your settings can be provided by your carrier or MVNO

weiser159

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay I can't seem to get anything working beyond calling and text on my Lumia 822. I'm using a SIM from a friend's iPhone 4s on AT&T. It will display 3G/H (I don't think AT&T has 4G here yet because they recently took over Alltel's network) but I can never access the internet. I installed the Access Point app and tried all three that were available and nothing changed. I can try adding one based on these settings but they're a little confusing for me. I'm not sure exactly where each setting goes because it doesn't translate perfectly to this app. I think this might be where I first need help. Should EVERY Lumia 822 work on AT&T? Is there any reason a particular device wouldn't work? I figured they're ALL released from Verizon with the same unlocked configuration.

Is there anything else I can do? I REALLY want to use this phone. I like it a lot better than the other Windows Phones with the sharp corners. The Samsung ATIV is currently too expensive. PLEASE HELP! :)

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Use the 3G access point. Your phone won't connect to the LTE ones until you call AT&T with the IMEI.

If you want to add an APN all you need to put it in is wap.cingular you don't need a password.

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if the nokia lumia 822 comes unlock on gsm because verizon gives me different answers?

Yes it does all 822s are GSM unlocked. When I got mine I just put my AT&T SIM in and I could immediately make calls and get texts. I had to configure my APN to get data to work. I haven't gotten MMS to work but that doesn't really bug me.

rstyle17

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for Grave digging this thread.. I just need some help.

Im planning to buy a Lumia 822 on ebay or Craigslist and i want to use a Tmobile sim or Lycamobile. i want to use for call and text only for now. but maybe later ill go with prepaid tmobile plan with data.

Is there any version of software i need to look for?
I read that call and text works right away, does the data works to this date?

and tips before buying the lumia 822?

THANKS!

indecentchords

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue when switching back and forth fro the Focus to a Nokia Lumia 900... Its because of the sim card in my experience. Just go into an AT&T store and get a new sim and have your IMEI number attached to the account. The Sims for iPhone are different than the sims for Android and Windows.

indecentchords

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You will have to get a micro sim, but I can honestly say that it works on AT&T. y brother has one and I stuck the micro sim out of my android phone in it to see if it worked. I went back to my focus until I can get a new phone. When switching data you will have to give AT&T your IMEI number to get data.
Really want to get the 822, but stuck on AT&T for another 7 months. I am using a Samsung Focus. Will I need to get AT&T to give me a microsim to use it on 822 or will it take full size sim card? Thanks

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get MMS to work with an AT&T sim card? I have Nokia Access Point, and either profile I choose (AT&T 3G, LTE1, LTE2) doesn't work

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got an 822, and want to use it for MetroPCS (T-Mobile). Is there a way to adjust the APN to make sure I can send and receive texts without a problem?

Vernon Amos

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Ptel. TM MVNO.

running Portico n everything works but MMS tho truth be told i havent really tested it. Prob the same issue others report ie no receiving MMS but sending ok

Really? soooo I can buy a used Lumia 822 with a bad ESN.....and just flash it with the .00003 firmware then I'll be able to use it?
Can I have a second Yup?

haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb