This morning when my alarm went off on my 822, the sound was gargled and distorted. When I unplugged it, the system sound was of similar quality. However, when I play music from the speaker, it sounds as it should. I went into the sounds section in setting and tested all the alarm options and they all were of a similar quality to my alarm this morning. Anyone experience this? Wondering what I can do. Hoping it is just a system glitch and not a hardware problem. Thanks in advance for feedback, and Merry Xmas!
    12-25-2012 11:52 AM
    I just restarted it and after a brief moment of no sound paranoia (it had automatically connected to this portable bluetooth speaker my mom had purchased my dad for the holidays haha) it seems to have corrected itself. Still a bit worried about the hardware, but good to know it isn't permanent. Curious though if anyone else has experienced this issue.
    12-25-2012 11:56 AM
    I've had that issue on two 822s that I've had (first was a lemon). It sounds like they are "too" loud, and the speaker is about to give way. So far I haven't been able to find a fix for it or if this is just something I have to deal with. Just wanted to let ya know...you aren't alone.
    12-26-2012 07:17 AM
    I've had that issue on two 822s that I've had (first was a lemon). It sounds like they are "too" loud, and the speaker is about to give way. So far I haven't been able to find a fix for it or if this is just something I have to deal with. Just wanted to let ya know...you aren't alone.
    I've had this too on a lumia 810. Most of my problems come from using ring tones that worked fine on my lumia 710, but sound like they are clipping on my 810. I have not had time to look at the files to see what the difference is. The best example I can give is halls of science ring tone from the portal 2 app. It sounds perfect on my 710, but it is unusable on my 810. All the built in tones sound loud and clear on the 810, just tones from "old" ring tone apps.
    12-26-2012 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD