Problems sending text messages

Hupsakee

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting, randomly the phone won't send text messages. I can compose the message. When I hit send the button lights up but nothing happens.

When this occurs I cannot delete the thread.

Any idea folks?

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue but in fairness not just on the 920. My HTC one x does it as well.

I'm on o2 in the UK on business tariff

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hupsakee

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
After a soft reset it sometimes is fixed. at times it needs a second soft reset to fix it. I hope this was isolated. When this occurs I don't think I am able to receive messages either.

Hupsakee

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OK here is the deal, not sure what happened but my Skype and regular contacts both had same priorities within the phone.

As was evident when I hit the people tile it sometimes wouldn't go anywhere but back to main screen.

After deleting Skype phone behaves normal again. Another symptom was that caller ID was not working.

I would like to have Skype and will download at some point. Just keep the contacts separate.

Hupsakee

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This guy had the same problem, notice this is a copy/paste job from another forum.

lukasszmidt commented Tuesday, Nov 13

Installed the preview on my 8X but encountered weird issues with people hub and Me-hub. Contacts linked in a wrong way (for example all contacts with same first name linked together), editing of linked contacts resulted into crash to startscreen,editing of unlinked contacts crashed the people hub as well, e-mail accounts not syncing, facebook account not syncing ("not up to date" status in Settings/E-mail and account, with error 83CF3105 when forced to sync) ... Uninstalled Skype, and everything is back to normal, everything syncs, no errors.

I didn't expect uninstalling Skype to fix these seemingly unrelated issues, but apparently it did. I'll wait for full version. No other apps were installed except Skype, so I do believe Skype caused all this.

aww1157

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the 822 and often times when I send text messages, my phone sends it but the receiver gets a text from me but the message is blank.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This is interesting, randomly the phone won't send text messages. I can compose the message. When I hit send the button lights up but nothing happens.

When this occurs I cannot delete the thread.

Any idea folks?

Couple things.

Do you have a good signal when you notice the messages do not go through? A low signal will cause the messages to fail.

I had trouble with my 822 about 24hrs after getting it. A hard reset solved my problems. If you don't have a whole lot of info install on the phone, you may consider a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss