Notification Ringtones...?

DroidBotJ

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
How do I change my notification tones??
Email...
Text...
Calendar...

Every app I download, only lets me change my ringtone.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It's under Settings, then Ringtones + Sound. Calendar is just an on/off option, you can't set a specific sound for it on the main OS.

aww1157

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, you cannot use any notification sounds other than what is there. I believe I read that it is an item that has been much suggested on Microsoft's discussion board. Hopefully, something will happen. I can't hear most of the notification sounds that are available. :)

pedalman56

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded two different ringtones from phonezoo that I have used on my 822 without a problem. If I remember correctly they were sent to me in a text message which I simply accessed and then saved. I am using one now.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded two different ringtones from phonezoo that I have used on my 822 without a problem. If I remember correctly they were sent to me in a text message which I simply accessed and then saved. I am using one now.

Ringtones are not a problem, you can plug your phone into your computer and manually copy sounds over there for ringtones. It's sounds for text messages, or email messages that you can't add. Which sucks, not a deal breaker, but still sucks.

pedalman56

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Ringtones are not a problem, you can plug your phone into your computer and manually copy sounds over there for ringtones. It's sounds for text messages, or email messages that you can't add. Which sucks, not a deal breaker, but still sucks.
Yep, my boneheaded mistake of not reading the op carefully enough.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed after the amber update the reminder notification for the calendar is now very low in volume or maybe it's a different tone, has anyone else notice this?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I noticed after the amber update the reminder notification for the calendar is now very low in volume or maybe it's a different tone, has anyone else notice this?
the "Nokia message" notification sound also changed and it's not as loud as before. I thought I was losing it at first!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Blkacesvf41 and pedalman56 I glade to hear it's not just me, I already posted in ms answers forums for this problem. They ask me if I have done a soft reset which I've done with no luck. I keep you posted on anything I hear.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Are there any alternatives to these sounds? I really do need something louder. I've been missing text messages left and right for the last few days!

NCBryan01

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see custom notification sounds as well. I dislike every one of the built-in sounds. I am either unable to hear them or they're too obnoxious. It is one of the most annoying drawbacks of the Windows Phone platform along with not being able to attach a pdf file to an email reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos