Verizon lumia 822 with straight talk

anchito27

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
JKing106, What is the exact name of the access point app for the Lumia 822? I tried looking under access point and no luck. Also, is the marketplace the best way to find said app?

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
It's called "Access Point." Look for an App called Sysapp Pusher on the store. Google for it if not. After installing that, install "Extras + Info" from Sysapp Pusher. Access point should then be in your Settings menu.

anchito27

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
JKING106 You are the man! Thank you very much for your help. The access point app showed up in the setings menu right after I installed it, but I went back in and installed the info and extras anyway. Thanks Again and you have a good Thanksgiving! I know I will because I will have this phone ready to go for my wife as soon as I get the sim card!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ah, ok. You are using the fields under the "Cellular" entry. I left all that blank, and created a "Straight Talk" entry using Nokia's Access Point app. That's why the fields are different. Erase everything out of "Cellular," install the Access Point app, then enter the info I gave you from above.
My step-daughter was over this weekend (it's a phone I gave her), and I did what you said - Access Point, all the settings you put down... It can send MMS, use data, send/receive SMS, but not receive MMS. Weird.

Are you using an ATT or a TMO format SIM card? This one is ATT, and since you didn't say, that's the only thing left that I can think of that may be different. Thanks for your help.

anchito27

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so now I am having the same problem as hopmedic in that my wife's lumia 822 will do everything except receive mms messages on the 4G connection. I think it will receive MMS messages when their is wifi present, but not the cellular data connection. I rebooted the phone and it still wouldn't receive mms. So I tried putting in the apn info that I have in my Lumia 900 found here How to set up Straight Talk MMS & Data with Nokia Network Setup app on Lumia 900 | StraightTalkWindows.com and then I lost the ability to send pics too. So I am stumped. I am going to put the settings back in that JKing106 has posted and hope that someone smarter than me can tell me what I am doing wrong. Also, what is the correct apn for just the internet data? I can't even get that to work. I changed the MMS APN back to the settings JKing106 posted. For the data I tried the att.mvno and the tfdata and neither of them would connect to the net. I also have the AT&T micro sim card for the lumia 822.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Very informative. I have a friend who lost her iPhone and needs a phone. She is on AT&T and I was going to give her a Lumia 822. She mostly used her iPhone for talk, text and ultra minimal browsing. So I think the 822 should work. She does not use MMS. Also I suggested she try using Viber or Whatsapp instead. Any thoughts?

anchito27

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I did a master reset on my wife's phone and made sure the wifi was off and put in the tfdata for the apn and the internet works. So then I downloaded sysapp, found the access point app and put in the MMS settings and the 822 can send and receive normal texts and it can send MMS picture messages, but it will not receive the MMS picture messages on the H connection (4G?) but the 822 will not receive the MMS picture messages with or without the wifi. Any ideas?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone respond to a basic question? Will talk, text and data work on an 822 on AT&T? I am not interested in MMS.
Thanks in advance.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
my step-daughter was over this weekend (it's a phone i gave her), and i did what you said - access point, all the settings you put down... It can send mms, use data, send/receive sms, but not receive mms. Weird.

Are you using an att or a tmo format sim card? This one is att, and since you didn't say, that's the only thing left that i can think of that may be different. Thanks for your help.

att.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Internet APN info for Access Point:

Access Point Name - straight talk

Username - blank

Password - blank

Proxy Address - mms3.tracfone.com

Proxy Port - 80

Network Type - IPv4

Authentication Type - none

MMS APN info for Access Point:

MMS Access Point name - tfdata

Username - none

Password - none

Proxy Address - 66.209.11.33

Proxy Port - 80

MMSC Address - http://mms-tf.net

Network Type - IPv4

Authentication Type - none

These settings work for me on everything with a Straight Talk ATT SIM. Make sure you go into the "Cellular" settings in the "Settings" menu, and clear out all the entries for APNs there, then reboot for good measure. If that doesn't work, I don't know to to help you further. Good luck.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok - Step-daughter came over today so we could have her son's birthday party, and I got it working. In access point all of the settings where what you had, JKing, but I tried for kicks deleting that profile, and then recreating it, and it works. Thanks for your help.

For the record, for everyone else, this 822 is now working on Straight Talk with an ATT SIM.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I did a master reset on my wife's phone and made sure the wifi was off and put in the tfdata for the apn and the internet works. So then I downloaded sysapp, found the access point app and put in the MMS settings and the 822 can send and receive normal texts and it can send MMS picture messages, but it will not receive the MMS picture messages on the H connection (4G?) but the 822 will not receive the MMS picture messages with or without the wifi. Any ideas?

I am having this same issue. I was about to try the master reset, but glad I read this first. Have you been able to get it worked out? I spent over an hour on the phone with Straight Talk troubleshooting to no avail. Very frustrating :(

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you do NOT have anything set in the Settings | Cellular | internet / mms APNs. If there is, delete it. Then delete what you have in the Access Point. There will probably be one that you didn't put there that can't be deleted. Then go into Access Point and create a new access point setting. Put in the settings that JKing106 put in this post:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/211296-3.htm#post2237713

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)