Finally, some WPC news about the 822

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Man, what an ugly photo of the gray 822 (click on link at the bottom of this post). Had it been a Nokia 920... As Rodney used to say: "No Respect".

I guess VZW has now made "free" official with the 822. I got mine for free weeks ago. Regardless; I would say that the 822 is the top WP8 phone from Verizon and from a common, practical, daily usability standpoint, I would say that it is the top WP8 phone on the market right now.

The whole exclusive BS with the 920 on AT&T really soured my opinion of the device from the get-go. Early reports and leaks on the device had me upbeat until Nokia tried to be Apple. Regardless of the positive 920 press, I started to focus on the bad: lack of memory expansion, the inability to replace the battery, plus the excessive weight and oversized screen. To hear that they also brick and have random reset issues continues to make me snicker. (Enjoy that exclusive AT&T service.)

Can I live without image stabilization? I have so far. Can I live without the, a, um, ugh - well I guess that image stabilization is about the only thing I am missing out on! I am glad I jumped on the 822 when I did!

Verizon Lumia 822 drops down to free on contract. Priced to compete against Samsung? | Windows Phone Central

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Man, what an ugly photo of the gray 822. Had it been a Nokia 920... As Rodney used to say: "No Respect".

I guess VZW has now made "free" official with the 822. I got mine for free weeks ago. Regardless; I would say that the 822 is the top WP8 phone from Verizon and from a common, practical, daily usability standpoint, I would say that it is the top WP8 phone on the market right now.

The whole exclusive BS with the 920 on AT&T really soured my opinion of the device from the get-go. Early reports and leaks on the device had me upbeat until Nokia tried to be Apple. Regardless of the positive 920 press, I started to focus on the bad: lack of memory expansion, the inability to replace the battery, plus the excessive weight and oversized screen. To hear that they also brick and have random reset issues continues to make me snicker. (Enjoy that exclusive AT&T service.)

Can I live without image stabilization? I have so far. Can I live without the, a, um, ugh - well I guess that image stabilization is about the only thing I am missing out on! I am glad I jumped on the 822 when I did!

Verizon Lumia 822 drops down to free on contract. Priced to compete against Samsung? | Windows Phone Central

Don't see the reason for this thread but here it goes... Can I see you living without a smartphone? Yes I can.
You never know what you've been missing till you have it and then don't have it. I never cared about optical stabilization or night photos, now I have it and I know I'll miss it if my next phone doesn't have all these techs. Why? Because I want to evolve with technology and not just live with what I've been living for past 20-30 odd years!

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The 822 is supposed to have a super sensitive screen...it almost does but no it doesn't. I recently talked my friend into getting the 822. While I was playing with it today I noticed I had a hard time using the screen with my gloves on. My gloves are light weight cotton and not very thick. I guess you can add the super sensitive screen to your list of things that you can live without because the 822 is close but doesnt cut it(as far as super sensitive screen...I still like the 822!).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got my 822 in an otterbox and I have to keep the sensitive screen setting on to be able to use the capacitive buttons normally.

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The 822 is supposed to have a super sensitive screen...it almost does but no it doesn't. I recently talked my friend into getting the 822. While I was playing with it today I noticed I had a hard time using the screen with my gloves on. My gloves are light weight cotton and not very thick. I guess you can add the super sensitive screen to your list of things that you can live without because the 822 is close but doesnt cut it(as far as super sensitive screen...I still like the 822!).

Under your phone "SETTINGS", there is a category there called "display+touch". There is an option to set the sensitivity on either "normal" or "high". You may be able to tone down your screen touch by making an adjustment there?

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I stopped into the Verizon store yesterday to get LTE SIM card replacements for my MiFi's and checked out the 822 while I was waiting. When I heard Verizon wasn't getting the "high end" Nokia 9xx WP8 device despite the rumors they would get a high end device this year I pretty much wrote WP8 off and went back to Android.

Now that I have actually seen the 920 and yes I do want something of that size and features on Verizon but I want memory expansion, swappable battery and a sharp screen. So my GN2 will be going up for sale and I will be buying a Nokia 822 on eBay to hold me over until the real Nokia phone arrives at Verizon. Nokia CEO Elop has stated they have exciting things coming for Verizon so if not at CES 2013 or MWC 2013 (yes its GSM but Verizon is a part of MWC) we should get a sense of what is coming soon(ish) on Verizon from Nokia. After all they have (2) phones now and a 3rd on the way and they will likely push out something towards spring or summer that is a real high end device since the HTC 8X is sucking wind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6