Facebook Check-In will not work WP8

PericG

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a Nokia Lumia 822 (WP8) and I can not get the Check-In feature to work. It seems to get stuck on the searching screen and then I get a notification that it "Can't Search" and then says "we're having trouble searching for nearby places right now." I get this message all the time. Also when I try to manually enter the location where I and Checking-In, it will not accept the location. Anyone have a solution or having similar issues?

Memristor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same issues, I tried on my and my wives Lumia 920 and both phones have that Problem. The first time I noticed it was on New Years eve. We both haven't been able to use this feature since.

Fin Valino

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you been able to resolve this? I have an HTC 8x and this just started happening to me last night.

I can post status updates from the Me Tile and even Chat but I can't seem to Check In and get the same behavior on my phone as you described.

m4rko71

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a lumia 800, no facebook account, but a twitter one - the check in works as long as the place i'm checking in to is listed in the 'pick a place' list. if not I am unable a click 'add location' as it is now 'greyed out'!!!

Does anyone have any ideas, as I am struggling to find any help on the matter from either Microsoft or Nokia.

(Location services are switched on)

Thanks in advance.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
hi all,

sometimes on the official Facebook App, it works ... more often not ... very
rare occasions...

but on the other third party app, Facebook Pro & facebook Touch...
i still cant "log in"
this error appears
does anyone else have this problem? i have my location set on....on the setting page...
any advice ?

wp_ss_20130302_0001.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos