The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-05-2013 07:04 AM
67 123
tools
    I actually haven't seen a lot of people complain, in fact this person has two threads going about how bad it is and none of them have worked for them, that's been about it. where do you see a lot of people saying 822 wont work for them?
    This.
    04-18-2013 12:42 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Verizon is replacing the phone, and they are not making me go without a phone -- they are sending it overnight mail, and having me send back the old one after I get the replacement. I'm not sure why others are saying they need to go without a phone for a few days, because the rep said they don't make people do that.

I still suspect it might be a software issue. I've tried disabling all background tasks and that doesn't help. I tried a factory reset and that didn't help either. I wonder if there is some commonality among phones that have problem. For instance, I have several email accounts (about 5) setup and an Exchange account. I wonder if that could be it? Or if there is some app that could be causing it. Anyway I'll check back here and let you know if getting the new phone resolves the issue.
    04-22-2013 02:00 PM
    The Verizon Lumia 822 is the best phone I've ever had. I haven't had any issues. I should say that I have never received notification of the Portico Over The Air update and thus haven't installed it. I think the 822 is a great phone! Great look and build quality. I can't believe how much phone I got for such little money. I'm very sorry to hear that anyone is having a bad experience, but I hope we don't fall into simplistic generalizations. I hope the issues are resolved quickly.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-22-2013 02:42 PM
    I'm having powering off issues also with my 822. Verizon replaced the phone and I seem to be having even more issues with it powering off. I was on the phone with them for 45 mins last night and they seem to have no clue what is causing it. They are sending another replacement. This will be my 3rd 822. I love the phone, hate the powering off. In the last 10 days the phone has not made it threw the night without turning it self off. Yesterday it turned off 3 times (that's not including it turning off at night).
    04-23-2013 08:17 AM
    Hi,
    Do you have the latest SW update 1532.5951.1250.1012? To check go to settings>about>more info, look for the firmware version number. If it is not 1532.5951.1250.1012, then you need to update your SW. You will need to be on wifi to be able to download the new SW. Go to settings>phone update>check for updates do download the latest SW. There were some improvements made to power cycling, SD cards compatibility and BT connectivity.
    Jana at Nokia
    04-23-2013 09:34 AM
    Yes, the Verizon rep went threw that with me and I'm up to date. The replacement phone that I received from Verizon came with a older version that I updated immediately when the phone arrived. Seems like the update makes things worse if you ask me. I have never inserted a SD card or turned on Bluetooth.

It's not fun that I waited so long to pull the trigger on a smart phone, then I do and I pick a phone that constantly turns off.
    04-23-2013 11:19 AM
    That's unfortunate; the 822 is also my first smartphone (since November). Haven't ever seen these issues at all between two 822 phones. Sorry to hear this.
    04-23-2013 11:43 PM
    I think I might have found the problem (Edit: I was wrong). I don't mean to point fingers at a particular app, but the problem has not happened since I uninstalled it (Edit: Turns out it's not the app. It happened again). It's been about 2 days and it's still early to tell but it makes sense. I think I've seen the app lock up while using it once. It updates the lockscreen and attempts to add the weather info to the lockscreen graphic too. Just disabling the background task wasn't enough. Perhaps it was doing something odd in toast notifications?? Yes I have the latest OS.

I received my replacement phone yesterday, but I don't think I'll need to open it. I'll wait a few more days and if it happens again I'll let you know. It was happening pretty regularly, about once a day at random times.

So it's not a hardware issue as far as I can see. (Edit: it might still be)
    Last edited by Dave_97865; 04-24-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    04-24-2013 06:06 AM
    I do not have the app 'lockslider+' so that rules it out for me. I do too think its a software issue, just not sure if its the apps, or the OS. I use the music app a lot with podcasts (helps with the 45 min commute!) .
    04-24-2013 08:58 AM
    Nevermind, it happened again. It's not the app. I'll try the new phone tonight and see if that helps.
    04-24-2013 12:22 PM
    Try today's update and see if that helps
    04-29-2013 09:07 PM
    I didn't respond right away cause I wanted to see if the new replacement phone from verizon and the firmware update fixed anything. I'm happy to say I haven't had to do a single battery pull yet since the new phone and firmware came! I'm happy again :-). Love my Nokia Lumia 822!
    05-07-2013 03:38 PM
    Glad to hear it.
    05-07-2013 08:25 PM
    Mopad, which firmware rev? and Os ver? Curious
    05-07-2013 09:09 PM
    firmware rev: 1532.5951.1250.1012
    OS ver: 8.0.10211.204

Still no shutting off! Loving it! can't wait to get the L928 for my wife!
    05-09-2013 08:09 AM
    I didn't respond right away cause I wanted to see if the new replacement phone from verizon and the firmware update fixed anything. I'm happy to say I haven't had to do a single battery pull yet since the new phone and firmware came! I'm happy again :-). Love my Nokia Lumia 822!
    The replacement phone fixed the problem for me too.
    05-10-2013 07:39 AM
    Have you found any help from Verizon or Nokia ??

My wife purchased a Nokia 8xx in July 2013, phone started shutting down the day after she got it. She'd have to pull back cover off & pull battery to reset. Went to Verizon Store & they arranged to have another phone shipped to home address. Swapped card & battery worked fine for about 2 weeks. Then phone started doing the same thing, if phone sat idle, the screen would go black and you couldn't restart until battery was removed. She dealt with this until finally the phone went black and when the battery was removed and replaced to reset, the touch screen & screen saver would come up but screen was locked!! Guess what ? Yep you guessed it. Remove rear cover & remove battery to restart phone.
    So I called Verizon Customer Service yesterday 10/4/13 & spoke to Vanessa, nice lady, seemed concerned & helpful. She listened to my problems & tried to come up with solution. I told her this Nokia phone was a DUD/No Good & would like to see what could be done to get a Droid. She didn't disagree that it was a DUD but the only creative solution that she could offer was to do an Upgrade Phone on a phone line that wasn't currently in use, the new phone would not replace the Nokia 8xx, & we would have to sign a new 2-year contract on a line that we were waiting to discontinue. So, basically in a nut shell it going to cost me a phone line for the next two years that was useless unless I purchased another phone.
    I couldn't quite agree with that, but she was trying to be helpful and turned me over to Alex with customer service.
    He took the time to do a full reset on phone. Yes, phone did start to work & Yes, I'll give it a try, but not real confident with all I read that this will be a fix. So I asked Alex if there was anyway to get out of this phone and into another phone. Still wanting to stay with Verizon. He said no, but he offered the same fix as Vanessa did to Upgrade the other phone line & sell the Nokia on Ebay to try to recover some of my money. But I'd still have to pay a 2-year contract for a line I wasn't going to use. He said I could try to contact Nokia & see if they could help and I will, but not confident that will help.

At this point I'm frustrated & can't believe this phone has so many bad posts & Verizon is still willing to sell it to their valued customers.

Any help appreciated.
    10-05-2013 07:04 AM
67 123