Nokia Lumia 822 auto powering off--WOULD NEVER BUY AGAIN!!!!!

Mopad10

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I didn't respond right away cause I wanted to see if the new replacement phone from verizon and the firmware update fixed anything. I'm happy to say I haven't had to do a single battery pull yet since the new phone and firmware came! I'm happy again :). Love my Nokia Lumia 822!

Mopad10

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
firmware rev: 1532.5951.1250.1012
OS ver: 8.0.10211.204

Still no shutting off! Loving it! can't wait to get the L928 for my wife!

Dave_97865

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't respond right away cause I wanted to see if the new replacement phone from verizon and the firmware update fixed anything. I'm happy to say I haven't had to do a single battery pull yet since the new phone and firmware came! I'm happy again :). Love my Nokia Lumia 822!

The replacement phone fixed the problem for me too.

ChrisGH

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you found any help from Verizon or Nokia ??

My wife purchased a Nokia 8xx in July 2013, phone started shutting down the day after she got it. She'd have to pull back cover off & pull battery to reset. Went to Verizon Store & they arranged to have another phone shipped to home address. Swapped card & battery worked fine for about 2 weeks. Then phone started doing the same thing, if phone sat idle, the screen would go black and you couldn't restart until battery was removed. She dealt with this until finally the phone went black and when the battery was removed and replaced to reset, the touch screen & screen saver would come up but screen was locked!! Guess what ? Yep you guessed it. Remove rear cover & remove battery to restart phone.
So I called Verizon Customer Service yesterday 10/4/13 & spoke to Vanessa, nice lady, seemed concerned & helpful. She listened to my problems & tried to come up with solution. I told her this Nokia phone was a DUD/No Good & would like to see what could be done to get a Droid. She didn't disagree that it was a DUD but the only creative solution that she could offer was to do an Upgrade Phone on a phone line that wasn't currently in use, the new phone would not replace the Nokia 8xx, & we would have to sign a new 2-year contract on a line that we were waiting to discontinue. So, basically in a nut shell it going to cost me a phone line for the next two years that was useless unless I purchased another phone.
I couldn't quite agree with that, but she was trying to be helpful and turned me over to Alex with customer service.
He took the time to do a full reset on phone. Yes, phone did start to work & Yes, I'll give it a try, but not real confident with all I read that this will be a fix. So I asked Alex if there was anyway to get out of this phone and into another phone. Still wanting to stay with Verizon. He said no, but he offered the same fix as Vanessa did to Upgrade the other phone line & sell the Nokia on Ebay to try to recover some of my money. But I'd still have to pay a 2-year contract for a line I wasn't going to use. He said I could try to contact Nokia & see if they could help and I will, but not confident that will help.

At this point I'm frustrated & can't believe this phone has so many bad posts & Verizon is still willing to sell it to their valued customers.

Any help appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234