Scrolling isn't as smooth as on the Trophy

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Anybody who previously owned a Trophy find the scrolling smoother than on the 822? It seems like when I scroll sometimes it sort of jerks just slightly the opposite way then scrolls. I'm going to see if I can get a video uploaded to show it in action. I also feel like the accuracy of the touch screen isn't as good as it was on the Trophy. Any thoughts?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I have noticed that at all. I have found Bluetooth to be mediocre compared to the Trophy, and the lack of a useable turn by turn directions app to be problematic (Nokia Drive is a bad joke). Otherwise, everything is a step up from the Trophy.

MorbidFun

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't say I have noticed that at all. I have found Bluetooth to be mediocre compared to the Trophy, and the lack of a useable turn by turn directions app to be problematic (Nokia Drive is a bad joke). Otherwise, everything is a step up from the Trophy.

Nokia Drive is definitely not my favorite. For what my own experience is worth, the app I found to work the best for me is Turn by Turn by GPS Tuner. It is the only one, out of four that I tried, that does not constantly have me go a route that will take me over 1.5 hours to drive to reach work, but actually tries to get me there quickly based upon traffic.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an 822 and a Trophy right next to each other here. The scrolling and touch sensitivity is about the same between the two, except when selecting a tile the 822 appears to be smoother. I was not able to observe the Trophy being smoother at any point.

I think you may just be getting used to some of the differences between AMOLED and LCD technology. LCD has lower motion resolution, which results in more motion blur and perhaps to you the illusion of greater smoothness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte