Speedtest.NET and 822

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded speedtest.net APP on my 822. Interesting results when connected to WiFi verses direct connection to VZW. Going to do more testing on my VZW connection as I am out and about today. I have a Samsung Network Extender from VZW at my house - not sure if that impacts the speeds (though download speeds were smokin').

Speedtest APP: Speedtest.net | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Speedtest Article: Official Speedtest.net App Now Available For Windows Phone 8 Devices | WMPoweruser

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It's a pretty nice looking app. Here are my results (top one is WiFi, other two are LTE):

wp_ss_20130115_0005_zpsafe64bc3.png

I was amazed it was that fast. It's also impressive because I live somewhat in the country.

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Nice LTE scores! I wonder how these would compare to AT&T? After all, the 920 should not be too different in terms of RAM/Processor, etc. - compared to the 822.

Ran a test last night when my son and I stopped by McDonalds. Funny how throttled back the WiFi download times are on that "free Wifi"!

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a pretty nice looking app. Here are my results (top one is WiFi, other two are LTE):

I was amazed it was that fast. It's also impressive because I live somewhat in the country.

LTE results should show an antenna with bars not the Wi-Fi symbol.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I tried it and found the results to be a bad joke. They were different every time, even if I ran the test from the same spot, connecting to the same router. The speeds were also a faction of the actual connection speeds reported for my Surface RT and Toshiba laptop. They both show results in line with the speed of my home connection, whereas the 822 would appear to be glacially slow in spite of the fact it performs downloads and uploads at the same actual speed as the other devices. As far as my LTE connection goes, it reports speeds somewhere between basic DSL and old dialup - that is not what is reflected in real life use. I would take all numbers, whether really impressive or really stupid, with a large grain of salt.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not working for me on wifi. Keep getting very low downloads, very high ping and about 15 up.

radyoactive

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Picked up an 822 the other day and getting familiar with the OS, pretty nice so far. I downloaded Speedtest and my speeds are considerably slower than on my Note 2. I consistently get 18-22Mbps down on my Note 2 but the the 822 has been much slower and more inconsistent. I've seen download speeds as low as 2.5Mbps and only as high as 12Mbps. I just ran it again from the office and today has been the best I've seen with 18Mbps down and 7Mbps up.

Anyone else seeing this? Any reports that the 4GLTE radio not as strong in the 822?

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Picked up an 822 the other day and getting familiar with the OS, pretty nice so far. I downloaded Speedtest and my speeds are considerably slower than on my Note 2. I consistently get 18-22Mbps down on my Note 2 but the the 822 has been much slower and more inconsistent. I've seen download speeds as low as 2.5Mbps and only as high as 12Mbps. I just ran it again from the office and today has been the best I've seen with 18Mbps down and 7Mbps up.

Anyone else seeing this? Any reports that the 4GLTE radio not as strong in the 822?

Most of us out here are previous Verizon customers. Most of us had the WP7 HTC Trophy. We are just happy to get LTE at this point.

radyoactive

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL! Good point!

I remember when I first got the Thunderbolt. I was hitting mid 30Mbps download speeds...insane. It's leveled off as the area is probably now saturated with VZW 4GLTE phones.

Most of us out here are previous Verizon customers. Most of us had the WP7 HTC Trophy. We are just happy to get LTE at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium