skydrive uploads

Hupsakee

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
As of now, any picture in any folder gets uploaded from my skydrive to the phone. How can I prevent this from happening.

I only want photo's to go from phone to skydrive.

Thanks for your help.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
They don't actually get fully downloaded to your phone (just thumbnails in cache).. The integration with SkyDrive is such that it just appears to be on your phone.. You have to click download on the image in order to have it replicate down to your phone..

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to prevent these files from showing up on my phone?
Like Slash said, if you download them they'll into your photo albums. I'm assuming you're seeing these in your Skydrive app on your phone, right? If so, while in the Skydrive app go to settings and then sign out of the app.

Hupsakee

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Not really, I don't have the skydrive app installed on my phone. If I do can I select what shows up.

Now be default it will take any picture from my computer and syncs it to my phone.

I only want certain folders to sync.

Thanks

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Not really, I don't have the skydrive app installed on my phone. If I do can I select what shows up.

Now be default it will take any picture from my computer and syncs it to my phone.

I only want certain folders to sync.

Thanks

Now that I uploaded some of my pictures to SkyDrive I see what you're talking about. All those folders I uploaded now show up as albums on my 822. I haven't been able to figure out a way to change this either. I tried finding a setting on SkyDrive.com with my desktop, but that was a no go.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Note though that while you can SEE your SkyDrive albums on the phone, they are in no way synced to the phone. Put the phone into the airplane mode and you will not be able to access any of this but will still see the folder names.

In other words - stuff from your PC does not sync to the phone. However, you have access to it as the pictures hub is integrated with SkyDrive. In a way, its like seeing those folders on a PC when logged into the SkyDrive...

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Note though that while you can SEE your SkyDrive albums on the phone, they are in no way synced to the phone. Put the phone into the airplane mode and you will not be able to access any of this but will still see the folder names.

In other words - stuff from your PC does not sync to the phone. However, you have access to it as the pictures hub is integrated with SkyDrive. In a way, its like seeing those folders on a PC when logged into the SkyDrive...

Hmmm... Interesting. I do have a lotta albums and I didn't like having to scroll through all of them at first. I'm beginning to change my mind, it's nice to have access to those pics.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was a way to rearrange these SkyDrive albums on the phone. I have these albums named by month and year. On the phone they show up in alphabetical order, so all the Aprils are at the top. Anyone know how to fix this? Or should we add this to the list of improvements MS should implement on to the platform?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a way to rearrange these SkyDrive albums on the phone. I have these albums named by month and year. On the phone they show up in alphabetical order, so all the Aprils are at the top. Anyone know how to fix this? Or should we add this to the list of improvements MS should implement on to the platform?

Numerical format might work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss