Screen Burn on Lumias?

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
When I was at the Microsoft store today, I was helping my friend look for a new phone. While I was playing with an 822 I saw the tiles had been burned into the screen. Any one see this on theirs?

John D II

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
AMOLED screens can get burn in. Ask someone with a Galaxy S3 who left buttons on the screen while using an app for way too long.... Only way to fix it is replacing the screen. If you have this issue with your phone, is either a display phone that was left on for too long, or you should seek therapy for your addiction :)

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh.I was just checking because I'm getting the Lumia 822 soon and i wanted to know if it happens easily. Also I read that there are some apps that can even out the colors by flashing Red Blue Green and White to kind of fix it

helloandrewc

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
it's most likely caused by the fact that the devices are displaying the home screen all day long since they have software on them to keep them from going to sleep.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Any AMOLED (like the 822 uses) will burn in if it is stuck on a fixed image all day like a store phone.

However, Windows Phone has a lot of things to prevent that during normal usage. So while it is possible during normal usage, it is unlikely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans