3g slower than a dead cat?

Pasta Prime

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or is 3g slower than a dead cat frozen to the pavement? Where I work there is no 4g yet and I usually have two or three 3g bars but its slower than 1x on my old Droid. Anything I can do to improve speed?

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
On my Original Droid, Trophy, and now 8x 3g has always been awful no matter how many bars I had. If I'm not in an LTE area I might as well just look for wifi or give up.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My Trophy was pretty horrible for reception. I pretty much had to be on wifi to do any streaming. Prior to the Trophy I had a motorola droid and it did fine on 3G like my 822 does. I guess it depends on where you are.

Pasta Prime

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I tried a few things and this phone is so painfully slow its sad. Now when I'm home it won't connect to my WiFi unless I shut the phone off. That problem didn't go away after the update either.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed over the last few years Verizon's coverage has changed and where I always had good service I now have poor service. I spoke to customer service and they say the 3G is bogged down with excessive bandwidth.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You should switch to tmobile and get either an ATT or mobile wp8 device. Tmobile has enabled ATT phones to use their 3g signals. Either way I usually never get below 5mb down and about 2 up.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You should switch to tmobile and get either an ATT or mobile wp8 device. Tmobile has enabled ATT phones to use their 3g signals. Either way I usually never get below 5mb down and about 2 up.
Not all areas have been refarmed yet. The areas that have not been refarmed will only get EDGE on T-Mobile with an AT&T device, which would be slower than VZW 3G.

gladbecker82

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
LMAO at Nerds crying that 3g is slow. How old are you and what type of app/stream requires 4g? 3g is fast enough for anything on a phone. Only reason i can see 3g not working is just that everyone has a phone with 3g nowadays and its a bandwith thing. Other than that, 7 Years ago i was one of the few here in Germany that had UMTS on their Phone and i could stream TV, download Music on it wherever i was and it was unlimited data, but nowadays too many people have it and it drags everone down.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Dude i am on EDGE!!! And I do not complain.. Oh BTW I am on T-Mobile so it is annoying, but for what I pay I don't complain.. At least i get signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes